Winner...And Still Heavyweight Champion...The Venerable Buck 110

1987 Ol' Faithful!
I would like to suggest Ol' Faithful deserves a semi retirement and a trip to the Buck Spa. The late eighties 110s sport some really good ebony scales and a pleasing blade profile. Very nice sir. :thumbsup:

wouter1967 wouter1967 Beautiful country the Netherlands. I have not visited, but your photography of your homeland is impressive. Thanks for sharing.

No way mate,she's beautiful just the way she is!
Sending it in for a spa would ruin all the character shes developed over the last 34 years.
Although I do agree with the semi retirement bit,as I have my pretty little 486 to take up the slack.:thumbsup:

i-r2vVwNX-X3.jpg

wouter1967 wouter1967
You V5V4 is in much better condition than mine. :D
A previous owner attacked the brass on mine with an electric engraver or Dremel. 🤬🥺😭 S/He also busted the tip somehow, and rather than send it to Buck for a new blade, re-ground the tip him or her self. :( S/he also managed to chip the covers. :(
I'll never show nor carry my V5V4. "Someday" I might send it to Buck for a new frame, covers, and blade. (AKA: "A new knife" since they don't have parts for the V5V4 any more.)

I wonder why they went away from the classic square bolters.

The 110 has always used sintered bolsters and liners, correct? Or were the brass frame on the early knives machined from brass barstock?

This is the info on historyofthe110 website I use for reference :

Cast Brass : V1-V3 : 1964-1970
Forged Brass : V4-V5 : 1970-1974
Sintered Brass : V5-V7 : 1074-1986

~Wouter

yes knife was made in california... the factory is in post falls now---if ya read more of joes coas you will see and understand that is how he writes them out....
purdy much straight forward nothing confusing about them...

Back