Winner Announced! The Giving Thanks Thanksgiving Give Away!

I'm in, I'm thankful for the chance to win a Beer Scout ;)

Just kidding, I'm thankful that I have a happy family with a roof over our heads and enough money to make ends meet (and still buy the occasional toys).

Thanks for the chance,

~Chip

I'm in! Very generous. Thanks!

I am thankful for my family, for being back in our own home, and for Jesus Christ. I'm also thankful for my friends here and offline.

Welp, Halloween is over and we're already being bombarded with Christmas; which speaks to our seemingly frequent inability to stop and think about our lives, our loved ones, and our fortunes.

So, with Thanksgiving approaching, let's stop for a moment and reflect on what we're thankful for.

The Rules
Any member in good standing is eligible! In order to be entered, all you have to do is share with us what you are thankful for.

On Thanksgiving Day (after I awake from my turkey coma), I'll pull a name out of a hat and post our winner's name.

The Knife
Our winner will receive one of the new GEC BEER SCOUTS!

As I'm sure you know, the Beer Scouts have not shipped yet. I have already paid for one and paid for pre-order on others. However, I understand that this is the real world and stuff happens. In the event of unforeseen circumstances in which I do not obtain a Beer Scout, the winner will receive a seldom-carried, never used to cut Ebony Wood GEC 77 Washington Jack.

What I'm thankful for

I've had one heck of a year so far. I'm coming up on one year of membership here on BF, and I have learned much, appreciated a ton, and connected with people who have enriched my life. Personally, my wife and I purchased our first home, I moved up a little at my company, and most importantly, we welcomed our incredible little girl, Clara, into the world.

I'm incredibly thankful for the friendships that have started here and the vast wealth of knowledge provided by peoples from every corner of the globe. I enjoy the knowledge I glean from these people as much as I enjoy the interactions themselves. I'm thankful for the displays of humanity and decency that are so prevalent on The Porch. I'm thankful for my family, whose support is unending. I am thankful.

Now, it's your turn! Good luck to all entrants!

Thankful for health, family, a great career, and Chris Reeve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool, I'm in.

Ever thankful for my family's health and well being, the roof over our heads and the work that pays the bills.

Thank you for this great opportunity Shawn I'm in.

I have so much I am thankful for but most recently my wife had her aorta replaced on Wednesday and has done exceptionally well. They had thought they needed to replace the entire aorta arch but the arteries in her legs were clear. So the procedure thought to take 5 and 1/2 to 8 hours only took 2 and 1/2 hours. We were told she would be in the hospital around 10 days but it looks like she will be coming home on Monday. We have truly been Blessed so I must say I am the most thankful for Jesus Christ.

I'm thankful to have heard Randy's good news regarding his wife. Thankful for answered prayers, life in abundance, a beautiful wife, great family, reasonable health, comfortable home, purpose, direction, peace................ all praise and honor to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!!!

I am in. I am very thankful to still be in good health and to be living together with my family:cool:

I'm in also. I'm thankful for my family, health and relative prosperity. Thank you for this very generous GAW.
Dave

I'm super thankful for my family. I have a wife I love and two healthy happy boys.

I'm gainfully employed, and have and roof over my head and food to eat!

Thanks for the chance! Beerlow or Washington Jack are right up my alley

Outstanding GAW, Shawn, thank you. With the holidays fast approaching, it is important to remember how blessed we are.

I am most thankful for an almighty God who pursued me relentlessly for so many years. Although I ran from him, he caught me and consumed me in love and grace. I am also grateful for my wife and son whom he has blessed me with. I don't deserve any of this but I am forever more an unworthy servant to my Christ.

I'm thankful for having the good fortune to having been born in the right place and time which allows for the great luxury of many things, including the collecting of knives.

Being a citizen of this great country of ours, the Founding Fathers who concieved it and had the heart to bring it to fruition, the parents who gave me the opportunities they never had, and my wife and daughters who stand by me day in and day out.

I am thankful for generous forum members who put on awesome GAWs! And much more...

That is a great opening post Shawn :) Hard to believe you've not even been here for a year, it's good to have you on The Porch :) :thumbup:

I am grateful for many things this year, a good summer, and a pleasant autumn so far, plenty of work, some great (and often quite unexpected) knife finds, but most of all the friendships I have, not least here. I haven't posted as much this year as I have in the past, but logging on to BF is still one of the most important things I do every day, and I love spending time with the great folk who make this such a special place :) :thumbup:

im thankful for the love of Jesus Christ, my family, having a job, and the blessing of being born in the U.S.A.

im in and bless you and yours.

I'm thankful for my sister getting married this weekend to a GOOD man that will take care of her and hopefully will be happy/thrive for rest of their lives in this plane of existence. Thankful most of my family's doing ok, thankful for what I have, thankful to be given the chance to be alive and breathing, so thanks to my parents.😊

Thankful to have people like mr. Wurrwulf here keeping bf a fun and interesting place. Sounds like life is going good for you and very happy for ya. Congrats on everything, espeaically the baby girl! Thinking I should probably get going on having some of them soon, before get to old.😊

Only knife picture I got at my sisters wedding(and yes its lousy);)she , had a real nice alter my dad made and should have really got a picture with,) kabar 1152, only "kinda classy" beer opening blade I got for most part. Lots of people haven't seen for LONG time so forgot to take more pics. I'm way to addicted to BF me thinks.😊 Feeling guilty about not getting more knife pics, :rolleyes: I'm going to blade rehab.:D
HIoTu4t.jpg

Congrats on everything again Wurrwulf and everybody else that things are going good for, and for those of you that things ain't going so well, TRY staying optimistic, things WILL turn around if you got hope and believe, try.

Hope everybody has a great Thanksgiving! Take care.

Last edited:
I am in. And I am thankful for my wife and daughter, who make everyday wonderful for me. I am thankful that I live in my hometown, where my parents and grandparents and siblings and all extended family still live, all within a 5 mile radius to each other. I am thankful that I have a home and property that my wife and I are slowly making our own. And I am thankful to have a strong network of friends both around my physically and virtually that help me pass the time.

Thank you very much for the giveaway!

Very generous give away. Thanks for the chance. I'm thankful for the new job I started about three weeks ago that lets me feel good about myself again. Also thankful for my wife of 19 years that has stuck with me through some hard times.

Back