1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Winner Announced! The Giving Thanks Thanksgiving Give Away!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Wurrwulf, Nov 5, 2016.

1. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    I'm in, I'm thankful for the chance to win a Beer Scout ;)

Just kidding, I'm thankful that I have a happy family with a roof over our heads and enough money to make ends meet (and still buy the occasional toys).

Thanks for the chance,

~Chip

2. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    I'm in! Very generous. Thanks!

I am thankful for my family, for being back in our own home, and for Jesus Christ. I'm also thankful for my friends here and offline.

3. biolabob

biolabob

Aug 30, 2016
    Thankful for health, family, a great career, and Chris Reeve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. blademan 13

blademan 13 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Very cool, I'm in.

Ever thankful for my family's health and well being, the roof over our heads and the work that pays the bills.

5. r redden

r redden Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 23, 2015
    Thank you for this great opportunity Shawn I'm in.

I have so much I am thankful for but most recently my wife had her aorta replaced on Wednesday and has done exceptionally well. They had thought they needed to replace the entire aorta arch but the arteries in her legs were clear. So the procedure thought to take 5 and 1/2 to 8 hours only took 2 and 1/2 hours. We were told she would be in the hospital around 10 days but it looks like she will be coming home on Monday. We have truly been Blessed so I must say I am the most thankful for Jesus Christ.

6. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    I'm thankful to have heard Randy's good news regarding his wife. Thankful for answered prayers, life in abundance, a beautiful wife, great family, reasonable health, comfortable home, purpose, direction, peace................ all praise and honor to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!!!

7. Faiaoga

Faiaoga

Jul 3, 2012
    I am in. I am very thankful to still be in good health and to be living together with my family:cool:

8. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    I'm in also. I'm thankful for my family, health and relative prosperity. Thank you for this very generous GAW.
    Dave

9. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I'm super thankful for my family. I have a wife I love and two healthy happy boys.

I'm gainfully employed, and have and roof over my head and food to eat!

Thanks for the chance! Beerlow or Washington Jack are right up my alley

10. Tilley Knife

Tilley Knife I'm Daniel, I make stuff

Jul 6, 2011
    Outstanding GAW, Shawn, thank you. With the holidays fast approaching, it is important to remember how blessed we are.

I am most thankful for an almighty God who pursued me relentlessly for so many years. Although I ran from him, he caught me and consumed me in love and grace. I am also grateful for my wife and son whom he has blessed me with. I don't deserve any of this but I am forever more an unworthy servant to my Christ.

11. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Above all else, and am thankful for my wife and family.

12. Knurling_turtle

Knurling_turtle

Jan 31, 2016
    I'm thankful for having the good fortune to having been born in the right place and time which allows for the great luxury of many things, including the collecting of knives.

13. Bugdoc

Bugdoc Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2016
    Being a citizen of this great country of ours, the Founding Fathers who concieved it and had the heart to bring it to fruition, the parents who gave me the opportunities they never had, and my wife and daughters who stand by me day in and day out.

14. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    I am thankful for generous forum members who put on awesome GAWs! And much more...

15. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    That is a great opening post Shawn :) Hard to believe you've not even been here for a year, it's good to have you on The Porch :) :thumbup:

I am grateful for many things this year, a good summer, and a pleasant autumn so far, plenty of work, some great (and often quite unexpected) knife finds, but most of all the friendships I have, not least here. I haven't posted as much this year as I have in the past, but logging on to BF is still one of the most important things I do every day, and I love spending time with the great folk who make this such a special place :) :thumbup:

16. bluecow

bluecow

Oct 5, 2016
    im thankful for the love of Jesus Christ, my family, having a job, and the blessing of being born in the U.S.A.

im in and bless you and yours.

17. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I'm thankful for my sister getting married this weekend to a GOOD man that will take care of her and hopefully will be happy/thrive for rest of their lives in this plane of existence. Thankful most of my family's doing ok, thankful for what I have, thankful to be given the chance to be alive and breathing, so thanks to my parents.😊

Thankful to have people like mr. Wurrwulf here keeping bf a fun and interesting place. Sounds like life is going good for you and very happy for ya. Congrats on everything, espeaically the baby girl! Thinking I should probably get going on having some of them soon, before get to old.😊

Only knife picture I got at my sisters wedding(and yes its lousy);)she , had a real nice alter my dad made and should have really got a picture with,) kabar 1152, only "kinda classy" beer opening blade I got for most part. Lots of people haven't seen for LONG time so forgot to take more pics. I'm way to addicted to BF me thinks.😊 Feeling guilty about not getting more knife pics, :rolleyes: I'm going to blade rehab.:D
    [​IMG]

Congrats on everything again Wurrwulf and everybody else that things are going good for, and for those of you that things ain't going so well, TRY staying optimistic, things WILL turn around if you got hope and believe, try.

Hope everybody has a great Thanksgiving! Take care.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  18. Rookie82

Rookie82 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2014
    I am in. And I am thankful for my wife and daughter, who make everyday wonderful for me. I am thankful that I live in my hometown, where my parents and grandparents and siblings and all extended family still live, all within a 5 mile radius to each other. I am thankful that I have a home and property that my wife and I are slowly making our own. And I am thankful to have a strong network of friends both around my physically and virtually that help me pass the time.

Thank you very much for the giveaway!

19. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    Thankful for family and retirement. Thanks.

20. arrowhd

arrowhd Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Very generous give away. Thanks for the chance. I'm thankful for the new job I started about three weeks ago that lets me feel good about myself again. Also thankful for my wife of 19 years that has stuck with me through some hard times.