Winner Announced! The Giving Thanks Thanksgiving Give Away!

I am in, thanks!

There are many things I am thankful for, but my family is tops on my list! Here is our Christmas picture from last year, it is the most recent picture I have of the three of us together:)

I'm definitely in, I greatly appreciate the GAW chance... i'm thankful for my two daughters, a wife who puts up with my knife obsession, family, and friends. THANKS!
-Grant

Thanks for the chance to win. I'm thankful for my family first and foremost but also my country, my knives and my friends. Good luck everyone and thanks again for the opportunity to win an awesome blade.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Very generous giveaway.

In August, my house flooded. As I looked at the house immediately after the flood waters had subsided, the amount of work that I needed to get done in such little time was very overwhelming. I wasn't sure how the wife and I could get trashed belongings to the street, stuff moved out, walls and insulation cut out, flooring removed, cabinets removed, doors and frames removed, mold abatement.... etc.

I'm thankful for all the friends and family that came to physically help with my house. We actually had to tell people not to come as we had so many there. It was a huge help. After a few weeks of drying out, friends/family came back so we could get one big room completed to give us somewhere to stay while we waited on insurance..... which I'm still waiting on..... but, I'm lucky I had insurance. Thousands of homes which were not considered in a flood zone, got flooded.

Alrighty, count me in for this one! I really like that pattern.

Things I'm thankful for this year:
-I just got accepted to college!
-My brother straightened his life out and is back in school too
-My grandpa beat cancer
-The rest of the family is healthy and happy
-My girlfriend (hopefully future wife) isn't sick of me yet, that's always nice!
-Even though two of my dogs passed recently, the one I have left is so healthy and active still that the vet can't believe how old she is.

And then there's all that other stuff. I have a job and a safe place to sleep and my truck starts every morning and my belly is full...

[Game Show Host] Tell them what they're playing for, Johnny!

[Announcer Dude] HOW ABOUT A BRAND NEW CAR! Sorry, wrong show. You are playing for YOUR CHOICE of a brand new Beer Scout, though! Our winner will have a choice between the tasty new Draft Beer Acrylic and the stout ( ;) ) Maroon Micarta. Our winner will also receive the Beer Scout Pin and a brand new, never used Collector Knives Tuscany Brown Leather Pocket Slip! Get those submissions in before Thanksgiving, folks!

nB06UaG.jpg

I wasn't going to enter because of some very tough times this year. But, after seeing Ernie's family photo I can say I'm extremely grateful for wonderful memories that will never fade and for the future.

Good on ya! I'm in please.

Thankful for my family and the great friends I have. Also, thankful for a great career I had in the military and all that entailed. I have a good life and am very fortunate in many ways.

Awesome giveaway!
This is not an entry, but I am most thankful for not finding the need to pick up a cap lifter for the past 4 years. Well, Monday November 7th will be four years if you want to be technical. Life got pretty dark, but this past 4 years have by far been the best yet. This last year specifically I've gotten the chance to really explore this world, and it has been amazing.
One thing I am not grateful for however, is this stupid time change. Who in their right mind wants it to be dark by 530pm!?!?:mad:

I kinda like this time of year. :eek:

Thank you Shawn, sounds like you've had a busy (awesome) year. I too am more thankful than I ever thought would be possible because of my little girl. She came to us after a lot of tragedy and loss last year and couldn't be any more perfect!

I am thankful for my friends and family and friends I recently acquired through the forum. Thankful for work, and thankful for some decent stuff of tv. (especially on vet's day) Life is good.
Thinking about a Turducken for thanksgivin'. C:
Please count me in. Thanks

Awesome! (I'd almost rather have the Washington Jack... ;))

I'm thankful for my wife of 2.5 weeks, and our families and friends that not only made the wedding possible but also provide guidance in building our lives together and act as a shining example of what families should be.

I'm in.
I'm thankful I was born in the United States which has afforded me a life people from other nations might see as opulent. I'm thankful that I have a job that contributes to the ease of passing for those at the end of their lives. I'm thankful that I have family and friends who love me. I'm thankful for the porch.

I am thankful for my family. My wife who is ever by my side, we have shared over half of our lives together. My two sons who are constantly learning and growing, and always make us laugh. Our health, which is more good than bad. My career, although challenging, affords me plenty of time off to share with my family. I'm thankful for new hobbies that keep life interesting. Last but not least, thank you for the opportunity to be considered for this generous give away.

I'm in! I am thankful for my family that is always there for me. My wife for going to school full time (getting RN) and my son for always putting a smile on my face. Last but not least this forum for great opportunities like this one!

I'm thankful for still having my 97 year old Dad in my life. I'm thankful for a beautiful wife and two sons that have grown up strong and good.

I'm grateful for so much. My family is first and foremost. Then my ability to provide, and my health. Being able to have a hobby, that at times can be very expensive, is also a testament to how lucky I am. Thanks for the giveaway.

I'm thankful for the strength my family has shown over the past two years, especially my wife. Two years ago we had a great house we were both in love with, but it was a little too close to a group of neighborhoods that weren't so nice. 3 break-ins later, we agreed we couldn't live there anymore with a 3 year old girl and 1 year old boy. We put the house up for short sale and now we rent. In a much better neighborhood with a much bigger price tag. That's when the second job started and family time was put on the back burner. I work over 80 hours a week, so I get Saturday night and Sunday with my wife and kids. And we make it work. My wife does a fantastic job running the house and keeping me from going crazy. My kiddos are happy and healthy and don't have a want or need in the world (except for daddy to be home). It's been over two years since I've had a regular life with my wife and kids and I'm proud of us for sticking together.

A an extremely generous giveaway and really cool thread. This isn't an entry as I don't drink (anymore), so the Beer Scout would be much more useful to someone else.

I have many, many things to be grateful for this year, including: a loving wife and partner, a beautiful year and and half year old daughter who is the joy of my life, a wonderful home, and food on the table. Honestly, I try to remind myself every day what a blessed and fortunate life I have. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Please forgive the book of a post.

Shawn, lovely give away brother. Not an entry as I have been blessed beyond measure here on the porch and have all the knives I want and certainly more than I need. I will enter, and accept, if I am graciously allowed to sell it to help our friend Bob. If that is frowned upon I understand.

My savior and Lord Jesus in his mercy forgiveness in truly rescuing me from self, my beautiful family, my job, friends, those who serve and have served to protect the freedoms of this country, those who voted to keep "her" out of office, my health, and even my weaknesses I am thankful for as all stated above keep me humble.

All these come to mind as reasons I am thankful and blessed. However, I want to share how thankful I am for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and those who keep it running.

I spent the first 18 months of my oldest daughter's life in fear of what was wrong. No one knew the answer and the bi-monthly test certainly created a little PTSD. I would wake to the sound of screaming almost nightly, for some time, only to run to her and find her sound asleep.

The first day we were admitted at St. Jude they had an answer. Since then they have covered nearly 6 figures in cost, have connected us to resources, educated local hospitals on GT, and advocated on her behalf. They have truly been a miracle in my family's life.

On the 5th and 6th of November I finally met other family members and those impacted by GT. GT is a 1 in a million disorder and I met 30+ people who have GT there. I broke down several times hearing familiar stories and sharing our own. There I was educated more on GT, the skills need to parent a GT child, and the ability to infuse my own daughter if I ever needed. I would not have known of the event if St. Jude had not informed me.

St. Jude is worthy of praise and I am thankful for them and each penny sent their way.

Last edited:
Back