*winner chosen* 500ish posts giveaway.

Edit: Winner chosen, refer to last page. Thanks all!

Hi all. I've been hanging around this place for a little over a year now. I've learned a ton and drooled over more. I'd like to do a small giveaway to say thanks and give back to the community.

Up for grabs is a gateway knife for me, this is the knife that really kickstarted my interest and appreciation for well built cutting tools. It's a budget knife that performs. Period. I still to this day occasionally carry my original in spite of having options at 10 times its cost.

This one however, is minty in box and ready to be shipped to any contributing member. You don't have to have a paid membership but I would like to keep this to a 50 post minimum.

Also, keep in mind, this is an Endura sized knife. So if you aren't able or willing to enjoy a knife this size, leave the chance to someone who will.

Let's run this until Friday whenever I roll out of bed (I work third shift and Friday starts my weekend). I'll pick a winner via random number generator.
Your post is your entry, no requirements or restrictions. A picture of your "gateway" knife might be cool though.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
My gateway knife was the Kershaw Volt II! If I win this, it's totally going to my best friend that just got back from a couple years in Europe. Could be his gateway knife too. That'd be cool!

img-kershaw-volt-ii-02.jpg

Nice giveaway. :)

I'm in.
If I win, the knife will go to my wife...she lost her G-10 handle Cara Cara a couple years back.

My gateway knife into the world of obsessively buying knives all the time was the top one in this picture:

SANY0260_zpspm9tszkd.jpg

The Benchmade Resistor. :thumbup:

I had many other knives over the years, some of which were quite good, but this one blasted me full-force into full-blown knife knut status. :D

I still to this day occasionally carry my original in spite of having options at 10 times its cost.

Same here. I'm carrying a Cara Cara 2 today as well. I'm a broken record, but I have more fun with $20 knives than with the spendy stuff.

This is not an entry, but thanks for the giveaway. Excellent choice of knives.

This Emerson started it all for me. I haven't carried it in quite awhile though, needs to get sent in for some warranty work. Used the hell out of this thing.

Not an entry, awesome giveaway man!

Thanks for the chance!

My gateway knife was a full size orange Ritter Grip. Incidentally, I eventually sold it to buy another Spyderco :)
2015-05-06%2010.03.54-1.jpg

Not an entry.

Just wanted to say thanks for the gaw and have fun!
Good luck to the entrants.

I'm in, thanks for the chance... I am in the gateway phase of the knife hobby. So I guess whatever's in my pocket. Now it happens to be a lw spyderco manix.

Please count me in. This CRKT side hawg was one of the knives that got me into this site. Great knife. :thumbup:
S7300614_zpswsvkh2o5.jpg

I'm in...

Even Spyderco's "budget knives" are better than some of the other junk out there that some of us started with *coughGERBERcough*.

Awesome gaw!

My gateway was probably buck bantam when I was 13. I had had other knives, but that was the first one that I actually carried everyday

buck-knives-bantam-bhw-0286bks-b-satin-black-folding-large.jpg

I'm in, thank you for the opportunity and good luck to everyone else.
I'm not sure if this will be the exact gateway knife, but I'm sure it'll do it, I just love the knife and like the picture... :D

dhOHJg.jpg

-------------------------
Stabman, both are outstanding knives! I like your book too. :thumbup:

I'm in...no pic, but my gateway was a Kershaw blur..I still don't know what came over me when I spent $60 in 2006! This would be a gift to my 15 year old son...would be his gateway!

Back