winter survival skill tune up!

Its that time again and my prep for the coming winter begins again. I'm in Indiana and we never know how bad our winter can be year to year. Last winter was very mild but I still hate winter. This winter will have added difficulty this year since we will have no heat, Ill fix it this coming year. I hate winter but still get out and do some hiking though not as long treks so I'm brushing up on emergency shelters, bark patterns, etc. I'm also taking inventory on winter items like clothes and other things. One thing that take a stress load off is finally after many years all my employment and activities and places like church and groceries is within 5 miles of my home which is great since every winter I seem to get stuck in snowstorms, traffic jams an other weather related events. How are you preparing for the coming weather? What skills do you tune up on?

I take my Ice Auger out and make sure it runs!

my first skill is getting used to colder weather
letting my body adjust to the cold
after that life is easy

my first skill is getting used to colder weather
letting my body adjust to the cold
after that life is easy
I do the same. I like to take some hikes when it starts to get fairly cold and acclimate myself to what's around the corner.
Also, BTW, all the wooly bugs I've seen have been all black, no orange. Can't say I've seen that for awhile.

Last edited:
Back