WIP Wednesdays

Guy had these handles machined once, I don't suppose he was enthusiastic about having them machined again.
Millit must have impressed him with their ability to do precise machining and cut him a great deal on machine time. :)
I wonder if Guy will actually be able to bolt knives together and resist the temptation to do more hand fitting?

He was enthusiastic about not doing it by hand anymore. :D

The team down at Millit noticed our WIP Wednesday posts about handle fitment and started asking some questions. It wasn't very long after that before our car was full of bins and Guy was driving down to Meridian. They are also helping out with surface grinding blades that had some pretty deep grinding lines, meaning fewer Factory 2nds and faster surface finishing once they are back in our workshop! He will be heading back down there in a few weeks to finish up the rest of the handles and pick up blades.

I can't help but notice what looks like a forward thong-hole on that blank...

Man, am I ever looking forward to that sucker! :cool:

Yep! Guy made a few subtle design updates before cutting started and the forward hole is one of them.

ME! I was seriously thinking of calling and begging them to let me order one. Im sure somebody placed an order for one and then cancelled it. There has to be some unaccounted for in the numbers

Once the preorders are fulfilled we will have a few leftover GSO-12s available, but there will be a lot more SK-12s available. As Silver mentioned, you may have an easier time getting one of those.

SURVIVE! Ellie SURVIVE! Ellie If Guy needs to rest his hands from the daily grind (you bet that's a pun) he should snap a few pics of that 12 blank in his hand with various grips (in choil, standard, rear).

SURVIVE! Ellie SURVIVE! Ellie If Guy needs to rest his hands from the daily grind (you bet that's a pun) he should snap a few pics of that 12 blank in his hand with various grips (in choil, standard, rear).

Those are at Precision Plus getting cut out, so they are actually a lot closer to you than they are to us right now. As soon as the blanks are in our workshop I can promise you that there will be an instagram post of a 12 blank in Guy's hand. The trouble will be getting it back out of his hand, we are all really excited about this model!

Those are at Precision Plus getting cut out, so they are actually a lot closer to you than they are to us right now. As soon as the blanks are in our workshop I can promise you that there will be an instagram post of a 12 blank in Guy's hand. The trouble will be getting it back out of his hand, we are all really excited about this model!
Closer to me? I'll head over there right now :D

Looking forward to pics. I can imagine there's some excitement in the shop. Enjoy the progress!

I spy with my little eye...
A whole bunch of 4.1 and a tantalizing glimpse of a 2.7 and a 7/7. :D

Back