Recommendation? Wish list in the Swamp

I would love to see the Jackmandu brought back as a full time offering. I really regret missing out on that one. Looks like a perfect camp/bushcraft knife.

Will the Rats or Dogs ever get a Kukri?

MiniMouse...a Swampy Rat and Trout blade
Thinking of a little slicer has had me looking at the Esee CR2.5 and the Tops MSK 2.5. I'm going to hold out for a while. I'd much rather spend my money on something from the Swamp. ;)

Something in blonde or redhead.
.7:1 waist to hip ratio...
Bikini...
Long straight hair....
Teeshirt....
Cutoff denim shorts....

6'4"
180lbs

Tail...
Big buck teeth...

I totally forgot about this thread. I'd like to see the Swamp's take on the ASH2. I'd love to see what handle it would end up with and how the choil is situated. As much as I like my Trash2, the choil is a bit wide and it sits a bit too far out, eating up more blade than it needs to.

A big, bad, SR101 powered Kukri. Ratzilla!

Ya know, I’ve been thinking a lot about getting kuk... And I'm kinda torn about what's available on the market. There are A LOT of "combat/tactical" kukris/kuhkris... Just shy of 10" blade length, in a variety of good and bad steels. But when I look at longer offerings, the choices become more limited, tend to be much thinner, and of mediocre steel, think kukri-shaped thin machete.

Thinking of the current MEGA treatment/mission from the Swamp, I wonder if "MEGA" is only confined to "thick", and I don't believe so. I think there are lots of MEGA in the past two offerings:

1- the most obvious is the MEGA thickness;
2- then we've got MEGA complexity in the grind geometry that brings MEGA performance.

So, to me, MEGA is really defined by being more brazen and bold with engineering and performance. "To Boldly go..." as Picard would say.

So applying that to a kuk, I'm thinking a MEGA length, like 15"+/- blade, reasonable thickness so it's comfortable to carry on hikes (~.22"?), Swamp-famous SR-101 Steel, and of course, if that's not MEGA enough, Mad and Ty would sprinkle in some more of their magic... like a special compound grind... like a hollow ground at the lower 1/3, then convex where choping is done, and flat ground at the tip or something like that :rolleyes:

Ya know, I’ve been thinking a lot about getting kuk... And I'm kinda torn about what's available on the market. There are A LOT of "combat/tactical" kukris/kuhkris... Just shy of 10" blade length, in a variety of good and bad steels. But when I look at longer offerings, the choices become more limited, tend to be much thinner, and of mediocre steel, think kukri-shaped thin machete.

Thinking of the current MEGA treatment/mission from the Swamp, I wonder if "MEGA" is only confined to "thick", and I don't believe so. I think there are lots of MEGA in the past two offerings:

1- the most obvious is the MEGA thickness;
2- then we've got MEGA complexity in the grind geometry that brings MEGA performance.

So, to me, MEGA is really defined by being more brazen and bold with engineering and performance. "To Boldly go..." as Picard would say.

So applying that to a kuk, I'm thinking a MEGA length, like 15"+/- blade, reasonable thickness so it's comfortable to carry on hikes (~.22"?), Swamp-famous SR-101 Steel, and of course, if that's not MEGA enough, Mad and Ty would sprinkle in some more of their magic... like a special compound grind... like a hollow ground at the lower 1/3, then convex where choping is done, and flat ground at the tip or something like that :rolleyes:
I would love to see a nice slicey ede put on a good sized kuk. I have a HUCK and Kabar kuckri machete. The Huck is a big, bad weapon but it is kinda thick behind the edge so when I need to go cut cat tails at the duck club or clear the neighbors vines that are continuously trying to choke out my redwood trees, I grab the Kabar. One day I will get up the courage to take my HUCK to the belt sander.....but not yet.

Back