With a little help from my friends

Hello my old friends, did ya miss me? I’m well and the family’s well, I’ve just been dealing with some personal stuff that’s kept me away from the forum but I’m comin’ back.

I’ve been outta the loop for a while and I’m lookin’ to get info and to get signed up for the 2020 Traditional Forums annual knife.

Without going into any details I’ve been outta the picture coming up on a year now. I’ve never lost my interest in knives in fact on a recent trip with my daughter out to Colorado to see my mom I had to ask my mom to let me borrow an SAK I gave her 40 years ago just so I could put a knife in my pocket while I was out there.

By now anyone who knows me, knows it’s really me by my long winded posts without ever getting to the point. It’s me r8shell really it is ;):).

I know I’ve been outta the process and had no involvement in the decision making for this years knife but I would like to be included and counted as wanting a knife this year and ready to pay whenever payment is due.

I’ve been here for every year’s knife since year one and as long as we can get someone to put one together for us, I’m in for a knife.

If the powers that be could put me down for one and let me know what I have to do to get on the list or send me the link to order I’d appreciate it.

I’ll be spending the next however long catchin’ up on the comings and goings here on BFC so bear with me while I get up to speed. :)

(~);-}

I can hear John Sebastian singin in the background... "welcome baa-aaack".....

Mike at CK is organizing the Forum Knife, and he has not yet started the thread on "reserves" for them... Should be any day now. Look at the stickies at the top of the main forum page.... LOTS of information up there about where we are in the process.

edit:.... oops.... all the threads have been removed. Only the one about reserves is left. It's going to be a Viper swayback, wharncliffe blade, with ram's horn scales. This is the Viper company in Italy, from the same area as the LionSteel knives, IIRC

Thanks for the info HG, another first for the forum's annual knife, made outside of the USA. I was always interested in the decision making process that went into choosing the annual knife unfortunately I missed it for the first time in 11 years.

Good to see you back Ted, hope you're keeping well old friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info HG, another first for the forum's annual knife, made outside of the USA. I was always interested in the decision making process that went into choosing the annual knife unfortunately I missed it for the first time in 11 years.
This was the smoothest year since I’ve been around, probably because of how limited options were due to the pandemic. I think once Mike got the ball rolling we finished the polling in less than a week. Glad you’re back!

Last edited:
Welcome back, Ted!

I have to tell you we've been kind of looking forward to your knives showing up in an estate auctions somewhere. You're disappointing more of us than you'll know. :p

But now that you're back from that long knife hunting exhibition it's only fair you show the stuff you captured.

Great to see you back! I don't see enough "old timers" posting these days, and enjoy it when they do. Glad all is well.

I wanna thank everyone for thinking of me and I appreciate you-all holding me a spot for a knife. Now off to make my presence known in the buy thread so I get the updates. Also off to read the poll threads, thanks Gary, Jared, Dennis and the rest, it’s nice to be missed. :).

Another smiling face is back and it's good to see you posting T. Erdelyi T. Erdelyi I also did the prodigal son thing for a long time but for me if you ever become an active participant here Ted you may take a sabbatical but you can't stay away for good.

I wanna thank everyone for thinking of me and I appreciate you-all holding me a spot for a knife. Now off to make my presence known in the buy thread so I get the updates. Also off to read the poll threads, thanks Gary, Jared, Dennis and the rest, it’s nice to be missed. :).

You're missed more than you know. I, for one will breath a little better knowing you're back. But damnit, let us know when you take a hiatus'. :p

Welcome back, it's good to see you. And your timing was pretty much perfect.

Back