• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Wolfsnagel - Gerasymenko Volodymir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Peter Hartwig for explanation what is "lock rock". User Smuiradise guilt me in this? I have a habit to make a video with knives that I have. The video below was made before sending Curtiss to this guy. See and listen please sounds of opening and closing of knife. Who knows the knives and who knows what is Ti frame will understand - the blade have no play. And nor me, nor previous owner didn't have any problems with it. About price: you can ask ShadyMethods how much he valued the Curtiss. This is my right to accept or not to accept this value. Like a right of Smuiradise. He agreed. He had a time for minding, he agreed, he's satisfied.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7kbbf0nlc4ivdct/VID_305650730_121612_743.mp4?dl=0

Thanks Peter Hartwig for explanation what is "lock rock". User Smuiradise guilt me in this? I have a habit to make a video with knives that I have. The video below was made before sending Curtiss to this guy. See and listen please sounds of opening and closing of knife. Who knows the knives and who knows what is Ti frame will understand - the blade have no play. And nor me, nor previous owner didn't have any problems with it. About price: you can ask ShadyMethods how much he valued the Curtiss. This is my right to accept or not to accept this value. Like a right of Smuiradise. He agreed. He had a time for minding, he agreed, he's satisfied.

How does that video demonstrate the absence of lock rock or blade play?

"...listen please sounds of ... closing of knife." The click indicates how lock is solid. What's a blade play with such hardness?

The video below was made before sending Curtiss to this guy. See and listen please sounds of opening and closing of knife. Who knows the knives and who knows what is Ti frame will understand - the blade have no play.

A grainy 12 second cellphone video of you walking and opening the knife once shows or proves nothing.
Indeed it appears in the video that you deliberately don't show the lock.

Your 12 second video demonstrates nothing and the issue at hand is not about value.

The original owner did disclose a lock issue in his for sale thread. You failed to disclose that issue in your trade with smuiradise smuiradise and as far as I'm concerned that's deceptive.

Time is running out for you to fix this.

Hey guy, your job is to reverse the trade. You traded an item with a technical issue you failed to disclose. Your job is make this right, so send the guy his S5 AND his other knives back, and then you should probably never show your face in here again.

Oct 31 (Wed)
"Hello, Just wanted to make sure everything on your end is OK as far as the trade goes. I received the Curtiss on Monday and I've been playing around with it. I like the knife and overall am satisfied, my only gripe is that it has just a little bit of lock rock if really forced, but not really an issue and I am considering reaching out to Dave to see about warranty work. But I wanted to make sure everything is satisfactory on your end. Thanks."
Nov 03 (Sat)
"Hello sir, did you not see the part about the lock rock? You told me there was no blade play. I sent you 3 knives that were functionally perfect and now I’ve got to take the time and expense to get warranty work done on the Curtiss."
What we talk about? The guy decided to cut the dough?

Oct 31 (Wed)
"Hello, Just wanted to make sure everything on your end is OK as far as the trade goes. I received the Curtiss on Monday and I've been playing around with it. I like the knife and overall am satisfied, my only gripe is that it has just a little bit of lock rock if really forced, but not really an issue and I am considering reaching out to Dave to see about warranty work. But I wanted to make sure everything is satisfactory on your end. Thanks."
Nov 03 (Sat)
"Hello sir, did you not see the part about the lock rock? You told me there was no blade play. I sent you 3 knives that were functionally perfect and now I’ve got to take the time and expense to get warranty work done on the Curtiss."
You were told about the lock issue when you bought it, but didn't mention it when you sold it. That seems to be the problem, do you understand?

Oct 31 (Wed)
Nov 03 (Sat)
This has been quoted in the thread before. It is not relevant to you resolving this situation. There is only one way, and you know what it is.

Oct 31 (Wed)
Nov 03 (Sat)

Listen, English might not be your first language, but you know full well what you need to do. You fraudulently claimed something that wasn't true, and your lie by omission has been discovered and outed. At this point, it doesn't matter what OP originally said. He's now fully aware that he was taken advantage of by you. So, now, you need to send OP his knives back, and you take your rocklock damaged knife back and then you need to go away.

This is getting sketchier as this thread goes on! I viewed the eBay link posted yesterday and I'm certain that I saw a Zieba folder listed and now it has morphed into a Shiro 111?! At first, I didn't realize that that was THE Zieba KNIFE in question, but had thought that it was just a similar item to establish value. Perhaps with the eBay seller being from Russia / Balkans, I didn't put 2 & 2 together since the IDs were different, but now that I have seen the same Shiro which had been listed on here magically transported over there on eBay to mask over the original eBay listing, I am also on board with this Wolf guy to GTFOH...

Edited to add: with my apologies to the community since I got my initial facts wrong! Yes, the eBay listed Zieba S5 has indeed been ended by this seller, so eBay defaults to one of his currently active auctions. i.e, his Shiro 111, by clicking on that link which he has also been hawking on here for a while. Therefore I will revise the above sentiment to:

Both the defendant and eBay need to GTFOH :D

Last edited:
Out of 535 posts 38 aren't sale/trades for Wolf and 36 of the 38 are in Feedback on Trades/Sales... Not a great representation of BF at all IMHO.

Forum Threads Posts
Trade: Knives & Tools 27 254
For Sale: Gadgets & Gear (Individual) 25 113
For Sale: Folding Knives (Individual) 13 64
For Sale: Custom Knives (Individual) 2 38
Trade: Gadgets & Gear 6 22
For Sale: Automatic Knives (Individual) 2
For Sale: Custom & Semi Production Knives (Dealer) 1
Automatic Knife / Switchblades 1
Canada 1

Oct 31 (Wed)
Nov 03 (Sat)

As I’ve mentioned before. These statements were made prior to me finding out about ShadyMethods thread and that Wolfsnagel knew about the lock issue when he told me there was no blade play. The issue at this point is his intentional deception and flat out lie. It’s past the point of being undone.

The funny thing is, if he hadn’t told me he got it from ShadyMethods, I never would’ve known that he purposely lied to me and I would’ve given him the benefit of the doubt. At this point I’m convinced he uses a language barrier as an excuse and to his benefit.

David Curtiss has advised to send the knife in and I will and I’m sure he will fix it, so all is not lost, just ridiculous that I’m dealing with it.

I’m moving on, I’ve had way more positive experiences in this community than this one negative one, so I’m not going to lose any sleep over it or get discouraged.

Thanks to the mods for their help and doing their best to keep this a positive community.

At least you got a Knife from a maker who seems willing and able to fix the knife so you will end up with what you hoped for but with more effort and likely some additional cost you didn't plan for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back