Wolverine !

Hello,

Is the Wolverine 152UH discontinued ?

we got a review here of that grrrrrreat little fixed blade !
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/2292/entree.htm

(go for reviews and down under for the Wolverine...)

and we would like to know more about the steel it's made of...
Schrade plus but what heat treatment ???

cheers,

JM

------------------

From the information I can gather the Wolverine has been discontinued along with a bunch of the Uncle Henry models. I really liked this line as well as the Old Timer series.

I've read somewhere (there are also a couple of posts in this forum supporting this) that Schrade+ steel is 440A. I would suppose that the RC on these blades is 55-57, but I would like to know.

Speaking of the Wolverine, I've placed a custom handle on one (Bubinga with Loveless style rivets). The handle is much slimmer and has a good feel to it. The Wolverine/Sharpfinger are my favorite designs from Schrade. Here is a picture. I made a custom sheath, but it's not much to look at, but I thought you might enjoy a picture of the knife.

Jeff Jenness

Hello,

the customed Wolvy is really gorgeous !!!
Congratulation !

cheers,
JM

Here's a guy enjoying his wolverines.
biggrin.gif

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

James,

you are the wizard of the good pictures at the right time !!!
cheers,
JM

Wolverine has been discontinued but should still be available at certain cutlery dealers. The Uncle Henry line still consists of 12 assorted patterns, as you can see in the product section of the Schrade web site (www.schradeknives.com).

The blade steel is a 400 series stainless, specially fomulated to Schrade's specifications. The blades are heat treated to a 57-59 Rockwell. We do all of our heat treating in house, thus ensuring consistency with our process.

Originally posted by jeffj:
From the information I can gather the Wolverine has been discontinued along with a bunch of the Uncle Henry models. I really liked this line as well as the Old Timer series.

I've read somewhere (there are also a couple of posts in this forum supporting this) that Schrade+ steel is 440A. I would suppose that the RC on these blades is 55-57, but I would like to know.

Speaking of the Wolverine, I've placed a custom handle on one (Bubinga with Loveless style rivets). The handle is much slimmer and has a good feel to it. The Wolverine/Sharpfinger are my favorite designs from Schrade. Here is a picture. I made a custom sheath, but it's not much to look at, but I thought you might enjoy a picture of the knife.

Jeff Jenness

Back