Wonder What Will Be The Next Latest And Greatest Steel?

Razor

Gold Member
I would like to see some folders in carbon steel that were easy to sharpen like the old slip joints.

like slip joints like gec? ( & case & even boker) - those are still 1095 or c75 (similar to 1075) the last I checked which is a great carbon steel and easy to sharpen

I'd love to see them upgrade to 52100 - that would be a nice step up imho

cpm-m4 is also something special which I'm enjoying more and more - and while it might technically be 'carbon' steel since there is just a tiny bit of chrome, it still has so many other elements that it may not qualify

personally... I'd pay a good price for a cpm-m4 barlow with non-bolstered ironwood or stag

I had 2 folders last year with "new" steels that were very easy to sharpen and one with an old steel. VToku2, Super Gold, and 1095.

tYw1rfB.jpg

oblNZWv.jpg

IdypzXg.jpg

I think he means the next super steel should be super in the easy to sharpen category.

My guess is Chinese mystery "surgical stainless steel"... it's a next big thing for sure.

S220V. It will be very similar to S110V, but marketing will spin it like it will be twice as good. Hence the number.

Adamantium. Comes so sharp out of the box it can split atoms off and it never needs to be sharpened. The only reason manufacturers haven't gotten onto this is the problem of cutting through the sheath.:D

It doesn't have to be easy to sharpen. I just think sharpening a knife is kinda relaxing.

I don't know... I find it more relaxing to use my knife.

Both, SK-5 and 52100 take scary sharp edge very fast. But 52100 can also hold that edge for very long.

So far I didn't have to sharpen D2, but I didn't get my hands on diamond sharpener yet either, so we will see how it goes. I won't even use it till I have my hands on the sharpener.

Back