Won't be using a knife much for awhile!

Crap! Thought I'd posted it but I guess not! I had surgery a few weeks ago! It went very well and what's left of the ball of the joint is perfectly centered in what's left of the socket!😂 Turns out the fall broke off about 30% of each; any worse and a full replacement woulf have been the only option. As is I have a lot of PT ahead of me. Been on work comp sinve 3/5 and I'm not even sure when I can return even to light duty. But I have PT already scheduled into July. Sorry folks, really thought I'd posted this. Haven't been on forums much as it's such a chore to post w/ 1 hand.😒😂

Well, the X-rays look good! About as good as possible. The ball is in the socket perfectly. Still have to wear the brace to sleep although I'm able to take it off a little. I'm still not cleared to go back to work though. And I have to be careful not to move my arm across my body or behind me. So no wallet in my right rear pocket, can't touch my face, etc. I'm not out of the woods yet as there could be issues down the road but I'm glad things are going well for the stage of healing I am at. Hopefully another month or two and I'll be able to get close to normal.

glennbad

Knife Moddin' Fool
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Wow, sounds like a "decent" outcome, I suppose it could have been worse. Don't over-do it!

I had PT today and they added a few more exercises. I'm sore now! But if it gets me mobility then it's what I gotta do. I'm still not supposed to lift "anything heavier than a coffee cup" with my right arm which is a drag but hopefully it will keep improving.

I had my appt again today. Xrays look excellent and I'm getting a lot of motion back. Still have some PT to go and a ways before I can work again. The surgeons stressed that this is a "life-altering injury" and I have to keep working to rehab it. But I can do many common tasks again like putting on my socks and tying my shoes! 😁