Won't be using a knife much for awhile!

Crap! Thought I'd posted it but I guess not! I had surgery a few weeks ago! It went very well and what's left of the ball of the joint is perfectly centered in what's left of the socket!😂 Turns out the fall broke off about 30% of each; any worse and a full replacement woulf have been the only option. As is I have a lot of PT ahead of me. Been on work comp sinve 3/5 and I'm not even sure when I can return even to light duty. But I have PT already scheduled into July. Sorry folks, really thought I'd posted this. Haven't been on forums much as it's such a chore to post w/ 1 hand.😒😂

Well, the X-rays look good! About as good as possible. The ball is in the socket perfectly. Still have to wear the brace to sleep although I'm able to take it off a little. I'm still not cleared to go back to work though. And I have to be careful not to move my arm across my body or behind me. So no wallet in my right rear pocket, can't touch my face, etc. I'm not out of the woods yet as there could be issues down the road but I'm glad things are going well for the stage of healing I am at. Hopefully another month or two and I'll be able to get close to normal.

Wow, sounds like a "decent" outcome, I suppose it could have been worse. Don't over-do it!

I had PT today and they added a few more exercises. I'm sore now! But if it gets me mobility then it's what I gotta do. I'm still not supposed to lift "anything heavier than a coffee cup" with my right arm which is a drag but hopefully it will keep improving.

I had my appt again today. Xrays look excellent and I'm getting a lot of motion back. Still have some PT to go and a ways before I can work again. The surgeons stressed that this is a "life-altering injury" and I have to keep working to rehab it. But I can do many common tasks again like putting on my socks and tying my shoes! 😁

Well, I had my most recent follow up on 12/16. The X-rays are essentially unchanged since late May which is good, it means the remains of the ball are in the remains of the socket. My mobility and strength are much improved since the surgery but not close to 100%. The surgeons have modified my work limitations, something like 5 lbs with my right arm and 4 hrs/day max. At this point I'm still on work comp and likely will be till I'm back to 100%. I am able to take a pitcher of tea out of the fridge with my right arm, something I couldn't do a few weeks ago. Still not a lot of strength and I can't reach my back pocket, etc.

I got a gym membership a few week ago. I'm mostly do leg stuff but they have cable machines that allow me to do the assigned PT exercises to build up my shoulder. Baby steps but my day to day functioning is getting better.

I saw the surgeons yesterday for my followup. All in all things are good. The X-rays show everything being in place. My shoulder offered very little to work with, and had I lost any more bone in the fall they'd have been forced to replace the joint. So the while my recovery is long and slow, they consider it to be "on schedule". The surgeons and my PT team work closely together and are pleased at the way the PT is progressing, and it's still getting better. So they're scheduling eight more weeks, and of course then I'll go through the X-rays and exams again. And I will remain on work comp until the joint is medically stable. This means my next followup will be right at the one year anniversary of the initial operation.

The short version-it's a long process but it's getting better!

Wow, forgot to update this! The arm has healed to the point where it's basically as good as it's gonna get. I can't raise my arm up any higher than my shoulder but I have enough mobility to shoot a handgun again (albeit not as well as I'd like, kind of out of practice!). Strength is improving with work in the gym but it won't be what it was. My comp attorney has been a lifesaver and we've finally got a settlement finished. I should receive a lump payment for future lost wages to make up for the permanent disability rating I have. All in all it's about as good now as I could reasonably expect. Once the settlement is done I'm going to just relax for a little while and enjoy not being poked or prodded nor being hustled from one insurance rep to another, one exam to another. Probably I'll just kick back in September, maybe get [an easy] camping trip in. Then I'll decide what do work wise. I miss the kitchen so maybe I'll see if there's anything I can do cooking-wise that falls within the limitations of range and strength I'm left with. We'll see!

Back