Wooden handle

Respected Members
In the lock down I have enough time to spend .So I decided to make sword / knife / dagger handles .
I have some left Teak , Shorea robusta , Shisham , Mahagony and Acacia nilotica ( babul ) wood measuring around 7.5 cm x 7.5 cm x 75 cm bought nearly 9 years ago for home furniture making ,and also got dried orange jasmine and guava stems measuring around 3 inches diameter from garden cut nearly 6months ago .
So I began to make using a bill hook and only one piece 120 grit sandpaper .
First some pieces got spoiled but later I could make them in exchange of some cut and blood and heavy elbow grease .
Among these Acacia nilotica seems the hardest , strongest and heaviest , even during cutting or making the handles, Acacia made me to sharpen my bill hook often . It has a great reputation for handle in India , also guava , orange jasmine and Shisham. I think acacia would be really better than the other woods though it is little bit rough .
Now please let me know if I need to seal those handles made from Acacia . Here generally oil, varnish or paint is used to apply on wooden handles.
But if I wish to make them stronger and more durable what should be done . Please inform me.
Thank you .

Back