Wooden Wednesday - Traditionals only please

So many knives I want to comment on today, hopefully you all can bear with me.

I am particularly fond of micarta on fixed blade knives. Not so much for aesthetics but more for its sheer practicality in terms of a working knife's handle material. That being said, I think that maple burl is stunning and does an exceptional job of dressing that knife up. Beautiful.

I'd have to agree, that tree captured in the bolster is a convenient "accident", I love it when that happens. Great picture of a terrific knife!

I enjoy seeing the Canal Street knives when they pop up, such a shame that they went away and even more so that I came along too late to experience their greatness.

I am beginning to enjoy more and more seeing knives that sport American woods like Walnut (something I've always been partial to), Chestnut, Osage, Oak, etc. Your knife is no exception, chestnut has some really nice grain to it.

I've been enjoying seeing your Zebrawood Queens lately, such a unique wood.

This recent run of Ironwood 78s has certainly given me cause to expand my wood interests. I will certainly be paying more attention the next time a run is done in this wood. There were a lot of terrific examples produced.

Lots of excellent variety today in the displayed woods! Snakewood is so unmistakable and absolutely stunning. A fine pairing you have there.

Is that the Texas Camp Knife is Bocote? Or is that Kingwood? I can't recall off the top of my head. I hope they do another run of those some day, such a cool knife.

This TC that I recently picked up has some of the smoothest Ebony in my budding collection, not a lot of visible grain to it.

vKvjh2C.jpg

Thank you for the kind words, Dylan. That Ebony TC is quite the looker! :thumbsup::cool: Is that a bit of flora that I see reflecting in its ample bolster? :D

Galvanic, that's quite a unique knife! Nick on the main and long pull on the secondary- never seen that before! And the frame is kind of a swayback teardrop- never seen that before! Stamping on the spine- never seen that before! It's not April Fools Day, is it?
Just kidding, I love it!

I've got my curly zebrawood teardrop today.
8Qewd0w.jpg
That curly zebrawood is awesome, beautiful knife! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Thank you for the kind words, Dylan. That Ebony TC is quite the looker! :thumbsup::cool: Is that a bit of flora that I see reflecting in its ample bolster? :D

Sorry I missed this, GE. Thank you for the compliments and yes, you are probably seeing the leafless wonder that is the large Maple tree looming over my deck where I take most of my pictures. I discovered that in the summer the foliage is hard to keep out of the bolsters, a little easier in the winter but apparently it is still quite possible :D.

I thought these three looked good together so I lined them up for a Wooden Wednesday pic.

vIPsG9k.jpg

All my Gabon Ebony gathered up. It's really hard to do these justice with my old iPhone. The camera will not focus and show the grain very good with that many knives in the pic. Each one has a different amount of brown in it with the speaker jack being the darkest and the #10 HJ having the most brown in it. The Heartland Clip has the most beautiful brown grain intertwined almost 50/50. The TC is very dark with just a slight amount of brown.

I'll post that 3rd pic because it shows the grain somewhat good but the reflection is terrible.
1J1hseF.jpg

8Krl2Fj.jpg

C2L6s4T.jpg

Back