Wooden Wednesday - Traditionals only please

My Buck 704 was my traditional carry while hitting the trails in the park today and I was really surprised to see this Garter Snake out and about.
XtTbYcn.jpg

Here I am yet again missing it by a day. And yet again I took the pics yesterday on Wednesday.

Stabilized red oak courtesy of Brock Cutlery here on BF. We were working a trade and he threw these two blocks in just cause he's cool:

mPcbIXf.jpg

EBy8eqQ.jpg

36UXmmm.jpg

Same wood just this block was cut on a different side:

hJ8KKvs.jpg

WkyTqoH.jpg

Here I am yet again missing it by a day. And yet again I took the pics yesterday on Wednesday.

Stabilized red oak courtesy of Brock Cutlery here on BF. We were working a trade and he threw these two blocks in just cause he's cool:

mPcbIXf.jpg

EBy8eqQ.jpg

36UXmmm.jpg

hJ8KKvs.jpg

WkyTqoH.jpg
Beautiful wood and gorgeous knives!!

Thank you sir! And thanks for the blocks. So it runs about 50/50 of folks that have seen em in person half like the wood cut as the first one and half like the second.

Thank you sir! And thanks for the blocks. So it runs about 50/50 of folks that have seen em in person half like the wood cut as the first one and half like the second.
That is good feedback! I'll be getting another batch run after April. I'll have to send you a few more. I like your work!

mPcbIXf.jpg

EBy8eqQ.jpg

36UXmmm.jpg

hJ8KKvs.jpg

WkyTqoH.jpg
They both look great!
Does one cut lend itself to more strength in the wood?

mPcbIXf.jpg

EBy8eqQ.jpg

36UXmmm.jpg

hJ8KKvs.jpg

WkyTqoH.jpg

I can only say wow...

mPcbIXf.jpg

EBy8eqQ.jpg

36UXmmm.jpg

hJ8KKvs.jpg

WkyTqoH.jpg
Love that first one!

Back