Wooden Wednesday - Traditionals only please

sxY8WfL.jpg
ZH7o6Y9.jpg
Funny how this beautiful cocobolo really was the ugly duckling of the coco 15’s released. They really had some amazing stunners for that run for sure!

M mcc850
Thank you my friend!!
The first thing that happened was mineral oil slightly got on the back of one of the covers and I noticed a chatoyance that wasn’t evident from the factory finish and I’ve got the slight sanding marks as well here. Very faint, yet there. A most pleasurable accident occurred. Since I played stringed instruments for many a year, I always applied tung oil to the fretboards that were bare or natural if you will. This protected them first and always left a nice hue as well as hiding light scuffs from finger nails. It’s a mattey finish, not so glossy or flat. As I believe I remember Will Power Will Power saying once… “Ironwood is the Russian Roulette of woods” and correct as it can crack or split at anytime.
Now, close to the LHole you may be able to make out what seems to be a tight crack… it’s a fissure that is in these covers, almost everywhere really. Just more evident on the ends of the markside. I added a VERY small drop on both covers, and it does all kinds of things in the shadows and light. The more oil you add the darker it becomes when dry.
It’s also got the bomb shield and a bratty smile. Like it’s tellin’ me “you just wait… ha!”
a couple more in sideways sunlight…
3E7EDE1C-3CD9-4EE1-96CF-B690BA6FE564.jpeg
A107EC8C-DB89-488A-9EAA-1D87D9B2A747.jpeg

Back