Woodlore PSK in 1095 Steel - Order List

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
No deposit needed - just post here (or email me) and tell me what you want for handle materials. When the knife is 1-2 weeks from being completed, I'll send you an email to arrange for payment.

Read the FAQ here: Koster Knives FAQ

Specs:

7.75" Overall
3" blade, 0.100" thick 1095 steel, ~60HRc, As-Forged finish on flats, Scandi Grind
4.75" handle (full sized handle!)

Base Price = $50 (skeletonized), $110 (with handles)

Here are the options available:

Natural Canvas Micarta (included in Base Price)
Black Canvas Micarta (included in Base Price)
Green Canvas Micarta = adds $10
Orange G10 = adds $20
Blue G10 = adds $20
Red G10 = adds $20
Blue/Black G10 = adds $30
Black/Tan G10 = adds $30
Cocobolo = adds $30
Curly Maple = adds $40
Arizona Desert Ironwood = adds $80
Arizona Desert Ironwood AAA Burl = adds $120
Stag = adds $160 :eek:

Other material suggestions welcome.

Sheaths available:
Kydex = $35
DropLoop Kydex = $45
Leather (pouch) = $55

Thanks!

Dan

Last edited:
Order List:

I only have 20 of these available.

1.reserved
2.reserved
3.reserved
4.reserved
5.Thad M - Flat ground, NCM, Leather, FS loop
6.rad.rac3r -
7.bowmore17 - Curly Maple
8.Stanley T - Orange G10, no sheath
9.-
10.-
11.-
12.-
13.-
14.-
15.-
16.-
17.-
18.-
19.-
20.-

Last edited:
Pic of already heat-treated blanks:

KosterKnives110622-02.jpg

Please reserve one for me. Still need to go over a little pricing when your available. Thanks

I bought one of those at the blade show a couple of years ago. Really nice knife. Super thin without handles. About the thickness of a Popsicle stick.

IMG_7479.JPG

Hi Dan

I will take 3 blades
2 skelotonized no handles
1 in Natural Canvas with green liners and pouch sheath

Thanks
Gabe

Hey Dan, just a question on the sheaths. Is the pouch sheath for this one the same size as the one for the Bushcraft? I'm just wondering if I picked up one of these with the pouch sheath, would a Bushcraft also fit in the same sheath? I'm just contemplating getting one of each type and having the ability to use either knife in either sheath. Obviously the kydex wouldn't work that way, but will the leather? Thanks.

Hi Dan,
Sent an order via email for a PSK with black micarta and drop loop kydex. Also asked about the firesteel loop because it looks so good!

Claudiasboris

Hey Dan, just a question on the sheaths. Is the pouch sheath for this one the same size as the one for the Bushcraft? I'm just wondering if I picked up one of these with the pouch sheath, would a Bushcraft also fit in the same sheath? I'm just contemplating getting one of each type and having the ability to use either knife in either sheath. Obviously the kydex wouldn't work that way, but will the leather? Thanks.

No, the pouch sheath for this one is made by my local leather guy Butch Hagedorn, one at a time, custom fit. The Bushcraft is longer than the Woodlore. You could try it, but you'd be better off with a different sheath.

Dan -- Please add me to the list: Black Canvas Micarta & Kydex.

I was reading the post at Woodlore-PSK-in-CPM3V-Order-List Post 9 and think the 1/4" BCM scales would work well with this knife. Thoughts?

I can do 1/4" handle slabs - but the 1095 steel I'm using for these is only 0.100" thick (vs. the 0.140" thick 3V) so even with 3/8" handles, it will feel slightly smaller than its 3V buddy. So.....with 1/4" handles it will be very slender. If you're wanting it to be ultra-light with a low profile, then this would be the way to go. Just want to be clear.

Thanks, guys.

:thumbup:

Dan

I've created the updates page as I'm not getting ready to start putting these together. Check here to see if I have your details correct:

http://www.kosterknives.com/Woodlore1095.htm

Be sure to email me your full information:
Name, BFC name, Address, Email, Perferred payment method, anything else that seems prudent. :D

Thanks!

Dan

Hi Dan, I sent an email a while back about ordering a Bushcraft and another Woodlore.
I've checked the Woodlore update page and the second one isn't mentioned.
Is it possible to get this other Woodlore PSK with bare handles and plain kydex sheath?
Thanks!
Claudiasboris

Yes - the list is still open. I am working on updating it. I've got a couple other projects ahead of this one. Will keep you guys posted on progress. Thanks!

Dan

Dan I need a reply to one of my several emails or posts in the Monster Nessie thread.

I need my knife as ordered or my refund. I am trying to keep it out of the forum and in email, but you have not replied to anything.

Back