Woodlore PSK in CPM3V - Order List

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
No deposit needed - just post here (or email me) and tell me what you want for handle materials. When the knife is 1-2 weeks from being completed, I'll send you an email to arrange for payment.

Read the FAQ here: Koster Knives FAQ

Specs:

7.75" Overall
3" blade, 0.140" thick CPM3V steel, ~60HRc, Scandi Grind
4.75" handle (full sized handle!)

Base Price = $95 (skeletonized), $175 (with handles)

Here are the options available:

Natural Canvas Micarta (included in Base Price)
Black Canvas Micarta (included in Base Price)
Green Canvas Micarta = adds $10
Orange G10 = adds $20
Blue G10 = adds $20
Red G10 = adds $20
Blue/Black G10 = adds $30
Black/Tan G10 = adds $30
Cocobolo = adds $30
Arizona Desert Ironwood = adds $80
Arizona Desert Ironwood AAA Burl = adds $120
Stag = adds $160 :eek:

Other material suggestions welcome.

Sheaths available:
Kydex = $35
DropLoop Kydex = $45
Leather (pouch) = $55

Thanks!

Dan

Order List:

***CLOSED***

1. Nobody - skeletonized
2. tique - skeletonized
3. ras - Ironwood, Leather (pouch)
4. sandgrouper - skeletonized, no sheath
5. skrapmetal
6. hollowdweller

Last edited:
Pic of already heat-treated blanks:

KosterKnives110622-04.jpg

I may be interested. Any chance to get one full flat ground? What time frame you looking at?

Yes - but I have to charge extra for the full flat grind as these are already heat-treated and 3V is a BEAST to grind.

I'll probably start rolling these out mid-July. No promises! ;)

Dan

I'll take one.

I'm not sure on the handle options though... how thick will the scales be? If they're fairly thin, I might go with some micarta. If not, I'll stay skeletonized... I wanna keep the relatively flat profile so this can be dropped in a pocket easily.

I normally use 3/8" handle slabs and do a contoured handle, but can use thinner stuff if you want.

Most people that have had the PSK version describe it as a handful even skeletonized - because of the height (top to bottom) and natural palm swell in the profile. I made it that way on purpose. But adding a handle doesn't make it any bigger, since I heavily taper the handles into an "upside-down-egg" cross section.

Just depends on what you want. The handle will definitely add weight and bulk - that might affect your pocket carry desires.

Dan

Would it be possible to do 1/4" slabs and shape it down from there? I'd really like scales on it, but definitely nothing too thick. Something close to 1/2" wide overall for the handle would be perfect. If it's doable, natural canvas would be perfect so it matches my M.U.C.K.

If that is too narrow of a handle for you to mess with I'll just go with skeletonized. I do want a kydex sheath for it for sure, either way.

Absolutely - not a problem. I'll mark the order as 1/4" NCM, Kydex.

Just a heads-up - I'm leaving on a vacation this Thursday and will be back on July 11th. I'll start on these after then.

Thanks!

Dan

Hey Dan
If you do another run of these PSKs in CPM3v please let me know, I'm interested in one. I am with scrap on this, nothing to crazy thick 1/4" for each is cool with me.
Either BCM with White liners (Match my WSSK) or NCM with Red liners (Match my MUK)

Hey Dan.........I would like to be e-mailed when these become available again as well........Thanks!

you have the 6th spot - it's on my list. I haven't published it yet because I haven't started these yet. I should say, I have the blanks done, just haven't started the handles.

Dan

Back