Woods Bladeworks TiTAN PRE-ORDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
as luck would have it I am one of the last two..... but patience builds character so I should be quite a "character" :) hopefully Thursday AI will be gassing up the "Folding Chainsaw" I am curious to have it next to my Satu. The Grayman Satu is the Ron Jeremy of the folder world due to its "girth" & the Titan is more of the John Holmes due to its "length"....... it will be fun to compare.

Well now that all the TiTANs have shipped and shipping info has been sent, I want to talk about warranty and maintenance.

Every knife I make carries a lifetime warranty against defects to the original owner. If your a second hand owner just email me and we can talk about any concerns you have. As usual any modifications done and your on your own. No surprises there.

As to corrosion resistance, the TiTAN is made up up many different alloys of both titanium and steel. Some are stainless steels, some are not. The blade is CPM-3V and I would classify it as semi-stainless kinda like D2 just better in every way with a little less chromium. 3V must be maintained with oil or corrosion resistant wax like renaissance wax. Especially in humid climates/enviroments I recommend Tuf-Glide, Flitz, or good ole' Breakfree CLP/Militec-1 for you guys who have a firearm collection too. Most of the hardware is stainless steel EXCEPT the roller bearing cage/bearings and the flat head screws. The screws have a black oxide coating that will resist rust but still need a wee bit of oil every once in a while and the bearings MUST be maintained with oil. This is essential for super duper smooth flipping action.

I have designed the entire knife to be taken down with one T10 Torx bit. You can disassemble the entire knife and re-tension the lock arm if need be to take up any slack in the lock up (a stabilizer is in the works). Each and every TiTAN was hand ground, fitted, and tuned for it's individual components, as a result every knife differs ever so slightly, as a true custom should. Feel free to use blue loc-tite on any hardware you wish to secure. If for some reason the stop pin/thumb stud breaks free you can add red loc-tite OR send it to me and I'll solder it in place.

If/when your TiTAN gets dull just send her back and I'll restore the shaving sharp edge, tune the action, oil her up and send her back. Just cover the cost of return insured shipping (about $15). If you want a refinish job and want to go to a brushed/stonewashed/blasted look just email me and we can discuss it.

Finally I want to thank you all for bearing with me on this journey. This is the largest run of knives I have ever attempted and this folder is one of the largest I have EVER seen. It may be the world's largest bearing system folder. My goal as a maker is to make you guys happy. If you have any concerns, concepts, ideas, or you just want to shoot the shit and talk knives send me an email and I will gladly get back to you ASAP.

I am moving forward with production of my fixed blade "Leviathan" knives and will be posting a WIP thread for the prototype. If you want to be updated with the newest info on upcoming knives (TiTAN 2.0 etc.) feel free to subscribe to my hosted forum here ====> http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/883-Woods-Bladeworks

sooooo, I think my only question is about the oiling of the bearings... What is recommended?? I have flitz for the blade... and simple mineral oil for storage of blades that can rust... I assume something more pure for the bearings would be preferred??? AND, if I end up taking a stone to the edge (after its been used and dulled a bit) and strop it some, does that remove any warranty goodness?? I assume not but want to ask just to make sure :D

Ok, I'll be PATIENTLY waiting for the mailman end of this week... later!

sooooo, I think my only question is about the oiling of the bearings... What is recommended?? I have flitz for the blade... and simple mineral oil for storage of blades that can rust... I assume something more pure for the bearings would be preferred??? AND, if I end up taking a stone to the edge (after its been used and dulled a bit) and strop it some, does that remove any warranty goodness?? I assume not but want to ask just to make sure :D

Ok, I'll be PATIENTLY waiting for the mailman end of this week... later!

Hell no you can sharpen up your own blade with out voiding any warranty, in fact I strongly suggest you strop the edge to keep it maintained rather than stoning it every time. As to bearing oil any oil that fights rust will work, I prefer a penetrating and cleaning oil like CLP justbecause after 10-15 coatings it penetrates and protects much longer. I am currently testing a product called frog lube to see how well that works....

Hell no you can sharpen up your own blade with out voiding any warranty, in fact I strongly suggest you strop the edge to keep it maintained rather than stoning it every time. As to bearing oil any oil that fights rust will work, I prefer a penetrating and cleaning oil like CLP justbecause after 10-15 coatings it penetrates and protects much longer. I am currently testing a product called frog lube to see how well that works....
frog lube is great stuff.

Looks like Tuffthumbz got his hands on a TiTAN... great video, tons of laughs

[video=youtube;Wwkx-6W6lSE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwkx-6W6lSE&feature=plcp[/video]

^^ Great video! I can't wait to see that bad boy once it get the Tuffthumbz pimp job!! one thing I have noticed is that whenever I show that beast to any of my knife friends it always turns into "see how many knives we can fit on top of the titan". I can't wait to see what other tricks you have hidden up your sleeves.

Just bought myself a TiTAN! Decided I couldn't wait till the second run and picked up #15. Or should I say a fifteenth generation of TiTAN.

WW -- Sounds great. Are you going to give the first round of TiTAN owners a shot at these? Happy Holidays!

Looks like Tuffthumbz got his hands on a TiTAN... great video, tons of laughs

[video=youtube;Wwkx-6W6lSE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwkx-6W6lSE&feature=plcp[/video]

I'm curious if Tuffthumbz modified the Titan in the video at all and if so what was done?

other than that..... when is production on the Titan 2.0 scheduled to begin? Where do I place my order for the leviathon?

I'm curious if Tuffthumbz modified the Titan in the video at all and if so what was done?

other than that..... when is production on the Titan 2.0 scheduled to begin? Where do I place my order for the leviathon?

A bunch of people wanted a WIP thread so I moved the Leviathan discussion here ==> http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1023463-Woods-Bladeworks-WIP-for-quot-Leviathan-quot-Fixed-Blade-Prototype

I am back from the holidays and will be posting a TON of updates to the Leviathan project in the next few days!

No idea if Tuffthumbz modified the Titan. Maybe ask him through his YouTube channel?

TiTAN 2.0 should start in March if all goes according to plan.

I haven't worked out the details for the Leviathan orders yet. Subscribe to the WIP thread and you'll be the first to know.

A bunch of people wanted a WIP thread so I moved the Leviathan discussion here ==> http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1023463-Woods-Bladeworks-WIP-for-quot-Leviathan-quot-Fixed-Blade-Prototype

I am back from the holidays and will be posting a TON of updates to the Leviathan project in the next few days!

No idea if Tuffthumbz modified the Titan. Maybe ask him through his YouTube channel?

TiTAN 2.0 should start in March if all goes according to plan.

I haven't worked out the details for the Leviathan orders yet. Subscribe to the WIP thread and you'll be the first to know.

any teasers on the upgrades from the TiTan 1.0 to 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back