Woods Bladeworks TiTAN PRE-ORDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take one if any are available..serial number whatever!!
Anodized with a satin finish. Money available..

Please notify me of any cancellations or subsequent runs..I definitely want one of your knives. Thx

Last edited:
Looks like all 15 are taken.
Please put me in backup. my email id is the same as my BF at gmail.com

I want a serial #[whatever] and I’m ready with payment.

Thanks

As requested. You can see that this beast makes even the monstrous CS TiLite 6" look wimpy. Frankly the prototype is a little tough to close but the lock bar is .1" of solid Ti. Overkill. The production models will be milled to a more reasonable .06".

5.3" blade .25" thick
Overall length 12.6"
16.3oz

The micro roller bearing pivot really helps this huge knife deploy very quickly. Just a little flick of the finger to actuate the flipper and the 8.5oz blade flies out.

[video=youtube;wUOGxqM01Zw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUOGxqM01Zw[/video]

If there is a chance I will take a back up - I can pay deposit or full cost now.

JD

UPDATE!

Just got back from the water jet facility with 15 beautiful blades and matching sets of Ti slabs. These are going to be fantastic looking!

[video=youtube;Tng8sH8o9lc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tng8sH8o9lc[/video]

[video=youtube;XD8d-fkf7sM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD8d-fkf7sM&feature=plcp[/video]

DSC01040.jpg

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01048.jpg

DSC01050.jpg

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01063.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

DSC01078.jpg

15 sets for 15 knives? What if the heat treat messes one up or you slip a bit when grinding? I hope it all comes out perfectly.

15 sets for 15 knives? What if the heat treat messes one up or you slip a bit when grinding? I hope it all comes out perfectly.

No faith? :) Don't worry I have contingency plans for just such an occasion. Serials #1 & #3 can be called into action if any shenanigans happen.

"Faith! What a dirty Anglo Saxon monosyllable!" - Heinlein; Stranger In A Strange Land

I'm sure they'll all turn out great.. and that I'll get the very best one :)

Can you post a pic of the hi/low pocket clip locations?

"Here is my first experiment with the flame anodize. The picture really doesn't do it justice. Color is really complex with some spotty areas. I like it. I think a tiger stripe pattern using a mini torch would be cool too."
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n299/peitha/DSC01038.jpg

If possible?, instead of full flame anodize. Do all inside/outside edges along with a tiger stripe or a random pattern. Please break out the mini torch on #6 if you want to experiment-Thanks!.

"Here is my first experiment with the flame anodize. The picture really doesn't do it justice. Color is really complex with some spotty areas. I like it. I think a tiger stripe pattern using a mini torch would be cool too."
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n299/peitha/DSC01038.jpg

If possible?, instead of full flame anodize. Do all inside/outside edges along with a tiger stripe or a random pattern. Please break out the mini torch on #6 if you want to experiment-Thanks!.

When I do the flame anodizing ill shoot video of the process. Basically you are heating the Ti to a dull red and then pulling the torch off and allowing it to cool. Once it cools a deep blue/purple color is there. Its very difficult to predict the pattern because you must heat all the parts equally. If I were heating a uniformly shaped piece of metal this would be easier, but I'm not. Any place where the surface areas increases like the cut out for the lockbar or the holes for the pocket clip and standoffs will heat differently.

It would be near impossible to get an even result just flaming the edges. I am still playing around with the idea of a mini torch but I have no experience with that method. If I do decide to try out using a mini torch, I'll let you know. For now the prototype illustrates how I will anodize the knives for both blasted and brushed finishes.

You can buy a constant current power supply for $80. You control color by controlling the voltage. You can mask areas to keep them from being exposed to your electrolyte and then leave them unanodized or anodize them at a different voltage to have a different color. You can also use a wand with a bit of towel on the end soaked in electrolyte and brush on the color.

You can buy a constant current power supply for $80. You control color by controlling the voltage. You can mask areas to keep them from being exposed to your electrolyte and then leave them unanodized or anodize them at a different voltage to have a different color. You can also use a wand with a bit of towel on the end soaked in electrolyte and brush on the color.

Sure electro anodizing is real easy to do only on select areas. Its great if you want to hit a specific color with complete even color. I like flame anodizing because it hardens the Ti a little bit and looks "crafted" if you know what I mean. Electro anodizing looks almost identical to aluminum anodizing. I love the organic feel of a flamed Ti slab. The colors shift in different light and you can see subsurface variations in color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back