Woods Bladeworks TiTAN PRE-ORDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
how are things comin? I'd love to see an after-memorial-day update :d

Update!

All the blanks have been surface ground with 36 grit Norton Blaze belts. Next I have reamed the thumbstud and pivot holes with a .2490 undersize reamer (I will step that up to .2495 on the pivot based on fit). I have also finished milling a 60 thousandths deep 11/16th wide pocket for the roller bearing to slip into on all 15 blades. I'll take a group shot of the blade blanks and the bearing cutouts later.

IMG_20120519_141800.jpg

IMG_20120519_144327.jpg

IMG_20120520_201737.jpg

Update!

All the blanks have been surface ground with 36 grit Norton Blaze belts. Next I have reamed the thumbstud and pivot holes with a .2490 undersize reamer (I will step that up to .2495 on the pivot based on fit). I have also finished milling a 60 thousandths deep 11/16th wide pocket for the roller bearing to slip into on all 15 blades. I'll take a group shot of the blade blanks and the bearing cutouts later.

Thank you! I'm satisfied...for now!!!! :rolleyes:

Anybody else check this thread a couple times a day even though you know there aren't any new posts, or am I the only one:)

Same here. Subscribed to thread. C-matt, you aren't terribly new, but maybe you aren't aware of this.. Click on thread tools in the upper right corner of the page. You'll get an email when ever someone posts.

Same here but sometimes I think "maybe the auto notification isn't working and Will just posted up an awesome update". Hasn't happened yet but you never know:)

any updates? the suspense is killing me

I'll take the camera up to the shop tomorrow and shoot a bunch of pictures so you guys can get an idea of where I am in the process. Then I'm packing a bag and heading up to Atlanta for BLADE this weekend! Anybody going to BLADE?

UPDATE!

OK gentlemen so before I head out to BLADE here is my progress. All 15 blades have been surface ground to .26" (I will take it to true .25" with successively higher grits) and the bearing pockets have been milled to 60 thousandths on each side. The Ti slabs have had all thier milling done as well. Lockbars have been cut with a .50" ball mill to leave 55 thousandths of material. They feel SO MUCH better than the prototype. Easy to manipulate yet strong as an ox. The pivot pockets have been cut and all holes reamed undersize to allow for hand lapped finish.

When I get back from BLADE on Sunday I will begin grinding out the profiles and then I can send them off to Paul at Buck for heat treating. After talking with Paul this week we have decided on a target hardness of RC61-60.

DSC01189.jpg

DSC01190.jpg

DSC01191.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

sweetness! and I'm still SPF, but you will receive my full payment this weekend or early next week. We've chatted already, just saying.. And again, SWEET :D

btw, I've seen your CAD work on a search and rescue type knife.. did that knife become a reality? Looked DOPE :) later

and Charlie Mike doesnt get one. :p

btw, I've seen your CAD work on a search and rescue type knife.. did that knife become a reality? Looked DOPE :) later

That knife was designed for a client several years ago. The goal was to begin development and production but the relationship fell apart. It's too bad I loved that design. Don't you worry though I got something in the old think tank for a second knife design this summer.

I just watched a video of the wasp knife in action!! That thing is crazy. I hope you got to test one out.

Last edited:
I just watched a video of the wasp knife in action!! That thing is crazy. I hope you got to test one out.

Yup the nice lady let me test it with a 12g CO2 cartridge. Didn't get to stab anything with it though. The sales rep was telling stories of customers stabbing BEARS and one shot dropping them. I don't know if I believe that but from what i saw done to a cantaloupe.....its possible.

Update!

So I bought a big 18lb tumbler today and 15lbs of ceramic media. I'm going to be experimenting with a stonewashed finish. I'll post pictures of the results so you guys can get your TiTAN folders with a stonewashed finish as well. No charge.

Give me a few days to see how it turns out before changing your build orders.

IMG_20120611_162959.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back