Wool Hoodie ?'s

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by Seth Green, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Seth Green

Seth Green Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2013
    I was looking at these two hoodies specifically:
    https://www.minus33.com/wool/kodiak-expedition-wool-full-zip-hoody/700/product/

https://asbellwool.com/products/jacket-evening-stand-brown

Does anybody have 1 or better yet, both of them for comparison. I'll be using it for general purposes including hanging out and outdoor activities.I have long arms and need one that will accommodate them.

To clarify: any Asbell wool hoodie with the extra heavy wool is fine. It doesn't have to be the jacket.

Or if there is a better option pls feel free to throw it out.

The Asbell wool jacket is "extra heavy duty". How does that compare to their standard blanket weight?

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  2. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    Seth Green likes this.
  3. Creaky Bones

Creaky Bones Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I have an Asbell pullover with hood. The sleeves are really long. I’m 6’ with fairly long arms and I have to roll the Asbell sleeves up or they cover my hands. I’ve had it a while and honestly couldn’t tell you what the difference is in their wool thicknesses.

Seth Green likes this.
  4. Seth Green

Dec 6, 2013
    Will do. Thanks! I've looked at one of their hoodies before. Had it in my cart, but never pulled the trigger.

5. Seth Green

Dec 6, 2013
    Good to know. How did it fit everywhere else? I'm fairly lean and the long arms are great for me. What size did you order?

6. Creaky Bones

Feb 28, 2012
    Sorry for the delayed response and the craptastic pic. I bought a size L. I’m 6’, 180lbs. There’s room for layers under it, but it’s not overly huge. Big hood. I added a drawstring to the waist. Hope this helps.
    [​IMG]

Seth Green likes this.
  7. Seth Green

Dec 6, 2013
    Thanks for the reply and the pic! Now I'm unsure if I should get a large and deal with the long sleeves or go with a medium.and take the chance that the sleeves will be too short. Thanks again!

Creaky Bones likes this.
  8. Creaky Bones

Feb 28, 2012
    My thoughts...it’s unlined wool, so itchy/scratchy. You’re going to want something under it. I also worry that I’ll end up doing something stupid and it’ll shrink so I went L. Not that I’ve ever done anything stupid before o_O

9. Seth Green

Dec 6, 2013
    I had planned on a baselayer cause it does looks scratchy. I'll handwash and line dry it, so I'm hoping I don't do anything stupid with it lol

zatch and Creaky Bones like this.
  10. jfk1110

jfk1110 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2013
    There is a company called Voormi. Make some nice looking stuff, a bit pricey too. Personally haven't tried it but the reviews speak highly of the quality!!

11. Seth Green

Dec 6, 2013
    They're based out of Colorado, I've seen their stuff but haven't tried it either. Thanks for the response!

12. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Pendleton makes several.

13. Seth Green

Dec 6, 2013
    Do you have a pendelton?

14. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    @Seth Green I have a couple of their wool shirts that I use as light jackets. I believe one of the hoodie's is on sale right now. Still a good chuck of money.

15. Seth Green

Dec 6, 2013
    I think i wanna try one of their wool shirts over their jackets. Thanks!

16. slyraven

slyraven

Feb 19, 2019
  17. Seth Green

Dec 6, 2013
    I'm waiting for the gray to back in stock in my size. Thanks!

18. Lodd

Lodd Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2015
    I too am I big fan of wool. I have a sweater (wool) and a hoodie (fleece) by Fjallraven I love very much. I wore the hoodie so much I actually wore it out. I went to google it, and just found out it's not actually made of wool.

Anyway, if you're open to other materials then wool, you should check out fjallraven's fleece hoodies.

19. Seth Green

Dec 6, 2013
    I have a pair of their pants. I like them. Also have a dozen hoodies that aren't wool. Thanks for the recommendation!