Wool Hoodie ?'s

I was looking at these two hoodies specifically:
https://www.minus33.com/wool/kodiak-expedition-wool-full-zip-hoody/700/product/

https://asbellwool.com/products/jacket-evening-stand-brown

Does anybody have 1 or better yet, both of them for comparison. I'll be using it for general purposes including hanging out and outdoor activities.I have long arms and need one that will accommodate them.

To clarify: any Asbell wool hoodie with the extra heavy wool is fine. It doesn't have to be the jacket.

Or if there is a better option pls feel free to throw it out.

The Asbell wool jacket is "extra heavy duty". How does that compare to their standard blanket weight?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I was looking at these two hoodies specifically:
https://www.minus33.com/wool/kodiak-expedition-wool-full-zip-hoody/700/product/

https://asbellwool.com/products/jacket-evening-stand-brown

Does anybody have 1 or better yet, both of them for comparison. I'll be using it for general purposes including hanging out and outdoor activities.I have long arms and need one that will accommodate them.

To clarify: any Asbell wool hoodie with the extra heavy wool is fine. It doesn't have to be the jacket.

Or if there is a better option pls feel free to throw it out.

The Asbell wool jacket is "extra heavy duty". How does that compare to their standard blanket weight?

Thanks!

I have an Asbell pullover with hood. The sleeves are really long. I’m 6’ with fairly long arms and I have to roll the Asbell sleeves up or they cover my hands. I’ve had it a while and honestly couldn’t tell you what the difference is in their wool thicknesses.

I have an Asbell pullover with hood. The sleeves are really long. I’m 6’ with fairly long arms and I have to roll the Asbell sleeves up or they cover my hands. I’ve had it a while and honestly couldn’t tell you what the difference is in their wool thicknesses.
Good to know. How did it fit everywhere else? I'm fairly lean and the long arms are great for me. What size did you order?

Sorry for the delayed response and the craptastic pic. I bought a size L. I’m 6’, 180lbs. There’s room for layers under it, but it’s not overly huge. Big hood. I added a drawstring to the waist. Hope this helps.
WGvQ3ZX.jpg

Sorry for the delayed response and the craptastic pic. I bought a size L. I’m 6’, 180lbs. There’s room for layers under it, but it’s not overly huge. Big hood. I added a drawstring to the waist. Hope this helps.
WGvQ3ZX.jpg
Thanks for the reply and the pic! Now I'm unsure if I should get a large and deal with the long sleeves or go with a medium.and take the chance that the sleeves will be too short. Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply and the pic! Now I'm unsure if I should get a large and deal with the long sleeves or go with a medium.and take the chance that the sleeves will be too short. Thanks again!

My thoughts...it’s unlined wool, so itchy/scratchy. You’re going to want something under it. I also worry that I’ll end up doing something stupid and it’ll shrink so I went L. Not that I’ve ever done anything stupid before o_O

My thoughts...it’s unlined wool, so itchy/scratchy. You’re going to want something under it. I also worry that I’ll end up doing something stupid and it’ll shrink so I went L. Not that I’ve ever done anything stupid before o_O
I had planned on a baselayer cause it does looks scratchy. I'll handwash and line dry it, so I'm hoping I don't do anything stupid with it lol

I had planned on a baselayer cause it does looks scratchy. I'll handwash and line dry it, so I'm hoping I don't do anything stupid with it lol
There is a company called Voormi. Make some nice looking stuff, a bit pricey too. Personally haven't tried it but the reviews speak highly of the quality!!

There is a company called Voormi. Make some nice looking stuff, a bit pricey too. Personally haven't tried it but the reviews speak highly of the quality!!
They're based out of Colorado, I've seen their stuff but haven't tried it either. Thanks for the response!

S Seth Green I have a couple of their wool shirts that I use as light jackets. I believe one of the hoodie's is on sale right now. Still a good chuck of money.

I too am I big fan of wool. I have a sweater (wool) and a hoodie (fleece) by Fjallraven I love very much. I wore the hoodie so much I actually wore it out. I went to google it, and just found out it's not actually made of wool.

Anyway, if you're open to other materials then wool, you should check out fjallraven's fleece hoodies.

I have a pair of their pants. I like them. Also have a dozen hoodies that aren't wool. Thanks for the recommendation!

Recently came across WeatherWool........I will be getting the All Around Jacket.........The Anorak is sweet too.....Actually its all awesome products just costly.. But once , cry once...😉.....Lot of good reviews out there too. And you can't beat his Customer service!!!!!!!

Back