• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Wootz knife and engraved stainless knife for sale.

1. 400C stainless blade. 59HRC. Flat bevels, 5-3/4 long, 1" wide, 1/8" thick, hand finished to 600 grit. Type 316L stainless steel guard; my hand engraving and my maker's mark on the front. Walnut handle. Tight fit leather sheath with some tooling on the edge.

I ask $215 for it; shipping CONUS included.
My PayPal is dmitryong@gmail.com

Attachments

• as1.jpg
    as1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 103
  • as2.jpg
    as2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 222
  • as3.jpg
    as3.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 186
  • as4.jpg
    as4.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 135
  • as5.jpg
    as5.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
2. My homemade "Crazy Dmitry Steel" aka Wootz steel. Around 1.3%C with very light alloying. Hardness is 59-61HRC depending on where on the pattern you measure. Blade was hand forged very close to the final shape. There are few little forge marks left on it. 4-1/2 blade with 4" edge, 1-1/8"wide and about 1/8" at the spine. Flat bevels; scary sharp edge. Hot stamped maker's mark. The blade was slightly etched to reveal the steel pattern.
The guard and the butt cap are my make of mokume-gane (nickel-silver+copper). The handle is walnut+cocobolo. The hidden tang goes all the way through the handle and has a nut hidden under the butt cap. All assembled on epoxy, vacuum treated with tung oil and polished with carnauba wax.
Sheath is hand stitched leather. Nice fit.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage or injury caused by the sharp blade.
I ask SOLD for it; shipping CONUS included.
my PayPal is dmitryong@gmail.com

Thank you!

Attachments

• aw2.jpg
    aw2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 194
  • as1.jpg
    as1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 97
  • aw3.jpg
    aw3.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 171
  • aw4.jpg
    aw4.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 132
  • aw5.jpg
    aw5.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Finally a knife maker that will show a picture of the spine Big plus cause Guys are visual and we like photos of how thick the spine is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bravo!!!!!

Dmitry, I will take the crazy steel blade. The stainless is beautiful but the crazy steel is so good I can't resist it.

Dmitry,
I going to turn in. I'll paypal you tomorrow assuming the knife is not already sold.

Back