Work in Progress (Custom Orders)

That is some serious work!! ALL of which is looking amazing and coming along nicely. Thanks Osprey Knife & Tool Osprey Knife & Tool for sharing these step by step shots of our customs being built. Really cool to see all this come together. YOU DA MAN!!!

No problem! You are welcome! I tried to remember to take pictures as much as possible. I hope it adds to the experience and also enlightens a little about some of the steps involved in making these knives.

I, too, have been following the WIP posts on IG. While the knives easily speak for themselves, watching the process does elevate my appreciation for them and the joy of ownership even more.

Thank you, Chris, for sharing these pics and explaining the many steps that go into the creation of your pieces.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

No problem! You are welcome! I tried to remember to take pictures as much as possible. I hope it adds to the experience and also enlightens a little about some of the steps involved in making these knives.

It really does. I'm always really happy to see WIP pictures, and it's really great to see mine in there. Really thrilled to get my first OK&T.

Now it will need pants, though...

I'll admit I'm kinda wishing I'd gone black over natural rather than ivory over natural, but it still looks fantastic.
With all the available options, it’s easy to start second guessing choices. I’m sure we’ve all been there. I think it looks great and, moreover, is a combo not seen quite as often.
I think you chose well!

That is some serious work!! ALL of which is looking amazing and coming along nicely. Thanks Osprey Knife & Tool Osprey Knife & Tool for sharing these step by step shots of our customs being built. Really cool to see all this come together. YOU DA MAN!!!
+100
Thanks for bringing the awesome, Chris! Only one problem—I’m at work and after seeing these photos I need a change of pants. :confused::oops::D

ym1vcjb.jpg

What is the wood used in that Vildmark in the top row, middle? Looks kind of like Buckeye? Super gorgeous.

With all the available options, it’s easy to start second guessing choices. I’m sure we’ve all been there. I think it looks great and, moreover, is a combo not seen quite as often.
I think you chose well!
I do this every time. Then when I see Chris's finished product, I'm completely happy with it and glad I made the choices I did. My Warthog from the group buy late last year is one of my favorite knives in my collection.

madcap_magician madcap_magician , ivory G10 is a beautiful choice and makes a stunning knife. Any lighter color handle can show transfer though. If you reach out to @bonafide, I would mention the ivory. He may have some recommendations to limit/prevent color transfer from the sheath. Any transfer would only be slight, and it comes off easily, but you may be interested in avoiding that maintenance if possible.

I do this every time. Then when I see Chris's finished product, I'm completely happy with it and glad I made the choices I did. My Warthog from the group buy late last year is one of my favorite knives in my collection.

madcap_magician madcap_magician , ivory G10 is a beautiful choice and makes a stunning knife. Any lighter color handle can show transfer though. If you reach out to @bonafide, I would mention the ivory. He may have some recommendations to limit/prevent color transfer from the sheath. Any transfer would only be slight, and it comes off easily, but you may be interested in avoiding that maintenance if possible.

That's a good tip, thanks. I usually prefer natural leather for sheaths and holsters anyway.

What is the wood used in that Vildmark in the top row, middle? Looks kind of like Buckeye? Super gorgeous.

Looks like California buckeye burl to me, either gray/yellow-dyed or natural.

Back