Working on a RF2 Framelock

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
I've been working like crazy on the CPM-3V Kwaikens and decided to get back to this folder to mix things up!

CF spacer... rough ground!

I like the clean look of the screw through construction... have been enjoying making spacers a lot too. Blade is ground...

Beautiful lines and nice contouring on the handle! I like what you did on the pivot it came out really nice!

Noticed you put a V grind on it, different from the traditional DFKs but it came out super! :thumbup:

Thanks guys! I'm still working on this one... taking a break to let my resist dry before the acid etch.

V grind just for kicks... I used to do some here an there when I started just to keep in practice. My right hand is dominant and it is funny how the left hand side I usually do not grind is still somewhat easier to grind. (controlled mostly by my right hand)

I'll do more though, my flipper design wiil be ambidextrous besides the lock. I have a double ground fixed blade just about ready to go too. :D

You're very welcome, Daniel! :)

You are way more skilled than you think and every built from your shop is timeless piece of art!... I wish all the end users of DFK will realize how serious these tools are!! ;)

WHAT!! A V grind DFK!?! Seeing one of those is like seeing a Sasquatch riding a Unicorn!

It's great to see a V-ground RF2!

Here's my V-ground DFK, in 154CM! :D :
2012-12-01_13-02-10_530.jpg

2012-12-01_13-01-53_821-1.jpg

Thanks Gooeytek!

Stonewashed green with acidwashed black blade and carbon fiber spacer! Double ground RF2

It's nearly dark outside nhere, there is a storm rolling in so I'm setting up for indoor pics. Here's one I got outside... the rest needed more light.

Back