Working on it.

Kiah

Pit Bull Appreciation Society
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Site is kind of up. Got a few things broken, needing resizing, and some stuff to add. Links on the front will be rotating and functional when I find the script in this mess of a drive to upload. I broke the contact form, so it's basically email at the moment. Will fix most of it Tonight. Warning, not dial up friendly at the moment. And if you see a little box slide into the right top corner and disappear, it's just the shopping cart script, don't freak out.

As a side note, I'm torn between green and orange, so the color may change Tonight as well.

ETA: Couple things fixed, but still some to go. Dealing with it later.

Last edited:
Wow! You've done quite a bit of work on it! It's really coming together man, great job. :thumbup: I really like your layout and the way the site functions. It's clear, concise, very easy to navigate. As for the color, it seems either would work since the things you use it on don't dominate the pages.

My orange and red sheaths are really popping in your gallery. Especially with that desaturation thing you're doing. I can take some better pics of the machete and mora sheaths you've made for me and send them your way later, if you'd like.

You'll be getting my new Fiddleback soon :D

Still quite a bit to be done on the server that I couldn't test on the drive and a lot of content to be added. The shopping cart is neat. Using Jeff Harrel's mini cart, so adding stuff just slides the cart out of the corner and keeps you on the page. Quantity, deletion, etc, can all be done without moving to a separate page or even to the top of the page you're on.

Yeah, the red and orange is like BLAM! I've got a bunch more pics to add, including some of yours, but you're welcome to send me more.

The cool thing about this setup is things can be changed across the site with a click. Gonna add an article section when I get a chance for things like paracord carry instructions, carry methods, lashing, fobs, etc. Need to add attachment pics as well as more options. Need to fix the form. Need to do a lot. Arrrgh.

Gonna go ahead and switch to green for a bit. Let me know which looks better to ya.

Also, the site is fine in Opera and Firefox on my end, but completely broken in IE. I think my IE install is screwy though. If someone could check it for me I'd appreciate it.

The cool thing about this setup is things can be changed across the site with a click. Gonna add an article section when I get a chance for things like paracord carry instructions, carry methods, lashing, fobs, etc. Need to add attachment pics as well as more options.[...]

I was thinking about suggesting a content section like this :thumbup:

Gonna go ahead and switch to green for a bit. Let me know which looks better to ya.

The green's not bad. Mellows out the page considerably. To confirm what I'm supposed to be seeing, we're talking about the monogram, text, and image borders right? If so, I think orange works better for text on your desaturated images and as borders for images that are connected. Otherwise, I don't know, the green is nice and chill....

Looking forward to checking out this shopping cart deal.

As for IE, I'm on a Mac at home and don't want to deal with workarounds. I'll check it out at work tomorrow and let you know, unless someone else gets to it first.

Last edited:
Jeebus, that was a pain the ass, but I think I fixed it. The script was forked for some reason, which was not only breaking the cart, but breaking IE completely. Switched the script out to an older one, and after some fiddling, it should work now. Try this and let me know. Just don't finish checkout, cause I don't think I can get either of 'em in a box.

http://customkydex.com/page14.html

HAHA! Glad I wasn't drinking anything :D :D :D That is Jeff's actual face, isn't it?

Works fine for me :thumbup: I do like that cart, very nice. You can hide it while shopping, and it even updates itself without having the page reload. Pretty slick.

HAHA! Glad I wasn't drinking anything :D :D :D That is Jeff's actual face, isn't it?

Whaddaya mean face? You know how much alcohol it takes to get that guy in spandex? And then ya gotta prop him up for the pic.

Works fine for me :thumbup: I do like that cart, very nice. You can hide it while shopping, and it even updates itself without having the page reload. Pretty slick.

Checked it for a bit and the quantity wasn't updating (at least not in the cart). So ... scrapped the old script, removed the code from the master page, added the new script back to the server, added to the call code, moved the call code down to just before the closing body tag, and redid that last bit on every page individually. As far as I can tell, it should work perfectly now. Should move around the site, stay current, and reflect correct quantities. Should even keep your stuff added to the cart if you leave and come back, just not sure how long. When actual stuff for sale gets posted, it should calculate shipping as well.

Ah, I hadn't tried multiple quantities. I just tried adding and removing both items. Let's give it a go....

Yup, it works for me too. The instant recalculation is pretty sweet. And yes, it does keep items in the cart even if you leave the site :thumbup:.

Bedtime, later Kiah.

Ya, it's pretty sweet. Not sure why PP keeps it hidden away other than not wanting to deal with support on it (cause it can be a paaaaaaain for certain sites). For anyone with a site that's interested, the newest code is at https://minicart.paypal-labs.com/.

Good dreams, bro.

Just checked site on IE (v8), and everything, including cart, functions fine. I see you're back to orange?

Btw, minor thing: the "newly available" text on the hatchet sheath image doesn't work so well, in my opinion anyway. Is that part of the image or part of the frame? I think it could use a background of some sort to better distinguish the text from the image.

Just checked site on IE (v8), and everything, including cart, functions fine. I see you're back to orange?

Thanks bro and yeah, orange for now. Colors can be changed to anything sitewide with a button press, so I may switch it every once in a while.

Btw, minor thing: the "newly available" text on the hatchet sheath image doesn't work so well, in my opinion anyway. Is that part of the image or part of the frame? I think it could use a background of some sort to better distinguish the text from the image.

Yeah I just kinds threw it on there. It's not part of anything. Just floating in a DIV tag by itself. Still a bunch to do, and changing it is in that. Probably won't even keep that pic there. It's just filler at the moment.

Back