World War 2 Era Colonial Survival Knife

I found this in a box of old tools that was sitting outside. I did my best to clean it up and restore it with the tools I have. The saw also looks different from any other I have seen, and the tip doesn't appear to have been broken off.

These are some pictures of the condition I found the knife in. It was completely rusted shut.

And here are the after shots.

Note the odd shape of the saw.

All teeth intact.

Last edited:
Whoa!! awesome find! I've always wanted one of those for the woods, the requirements for my woods pocket knives are a main blade and a saw.

You might post this over in the Traditional Forum. I've seen a knife like that posted. Don't remember in which thread, though.

don't worry about deleting it, its a cool find, and someone else might search it up here too.

The teeth on that saw look small enough that they were intended for aluminum rather than wood, but I only have Vics to compare to.

don't worry about deleting it, its a cool find, and someone else might search it up here too.

The teeth on that saw look small enough that they were intended for aluminum rather than wood, but I only have Vics to compare to.

I thought that about the saw as well, but remember - 1. the knife is meant as a 'SHTF' kind of folding knife that was designed to give its user the ability to make shelters, so the saw would probably be effective on wood, and 2, this knife is HUGE, like 5 inches closed, with a 4 inch blade. Those teeth are probably closer to scale with a SAK saw than they appear.

It looks good all cleaned up. Good job! It definitely has an TEOTWAWKI look about it :D

Back