Worst abuse you've done to a knife?

I should clarify one thing: I merely made this for entertainment. I didn't make it because I abuse my tools. I'm hard on them but reasonable. Never chipped a blade never broken a knife. Please continue

Have you ever seen this guy? Yikes.

(Found while evaluating decision to consider such knife with auto LAWKS)

Used a pull through carbide sharper. Didn't know any better back then.

I've abused knives in all kinds of ways over the years. They're tools, and get used as such. Sometimes you have to improvise with what's at hand, and I don't have an EDC sledgehammer, prybar, or chainsaw. :p

Seriously, most recently was cutting open 20 bags of landscaping gravel with the blade on my Gerber Crucial (was either that or the Manix 2) and pretty much turned it into a butter knife. Had to put it on the belt sander at work to get any kind of an edge back.

The most abused, though, was the Kershaw Blackout that went through the washer and dryer (wife never checks pockets). There is no amount of work that will remove the blade wobble, or bring back proper lock-up and centering.

I use my bronze coated spirograph Damascus sebenza at work, cutting packages and lots of cardboard..... starting to wear off the bronze coating.
That and I left it in the airport, still waiting for them to ship it to me....

I throw my sebenza when I'm bored, mostly at cardboard boxes in the dumpster.

I had an old cheap machete that I cut apart in an attempt to make a fixed blade knife. I had this cool image in my head, but the end result was far from what I imagined :(.

Thought Benchmade left its M4 too soft (59 Rc). So I had a knife maker reheat treat it to 64 Rc. Big mistake.

DSC01614.jpg

NOW we are seeing some real abuse. Oddly, I do agree that M4 could be had at a higher hardness just apparently not with that knife.

Back