Worst day of the week to order a knife?

Worst day of the week to order a knife?

• Total voters

Yo Mama

Gold Member
It's Friday night actually. You know they won't be sending until at least Monday.........if you are lucky.

Luckily, tracking shows the new g10 jade ultratech arrives tomorrow!

Friday: You already have the weekend in front of you. Order on a Monday to give you a lift to start the week.
My orders are all 1-6 months delivery lead time (small countries don’t hold big stocks of foreign knives), so the day of ordering doesn’t make much difference.

If I order first thing on a Wednesday morning, pay Priority shipping and the retailer actually gets it in the mail the same day…I can at least have hope I’ll get it by Saturday. That’s if literally everything goes right.

So, that’s where the cutoff is for me. Ordering on Thursday generally means a five day wait. The worst day to buy a new knife.

From my experience it's been Tuesdays... Order on Tuesday. Seller ships knife on Wednesday. Shipping company says it will arrive Friday. Knife shows up Monday evening... Every time I expect that's what's going to happen, and every time I'm still disappointed!

If it's a knife you really want, the best day is the day you first view it. If you wait a day or even more, it could be out of stock.

Friday late in the day. Not only does it not ship out till Monday, but it is also the first orders seen on Monday - all that work that piled up over the weekend…

Worst day would be Thursday into Friday, for me, as even the speediest places will get it into the post office same day, but it often takes all weekend to travel, while a Tuesday or Wednesday DLT order will be there Friday.

The day when you order it, and 5 minutes later, it shows up on the exchange for a way better price from a reputable member who will get it out quicker than the site you just purchased it from.

Late Friday evening is the worst and Monday morning is the best, especially if the place your ordering from has same day shipping.

Back