Worth getting this oven?

JTknives

Blade Heat Treating www.jarodtodd.com
Could this be the perfect convection tempering oven I need? Says it was origanialy used to cure carbon fiber but says for tempering as well. Has a chamber size of 24”x24”x50” and is insulated. He wants $250 OBO.

Photo%20Sep%2011%2C%201%2003%2043%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Sep%2011%2C%201%2003%2052%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Sep%2011%2C%201%2004%2006%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Sep%2011%2C%201%2004%2009%20AM.jpg

Your just playing with us … that is already in the back of your truck ( I hope).

Only thing I would take a look at is the current draw/wattage. Looking at all those contactors and SSRs it might use a lot of electricity.

Looks like a decent price and relatively decent shape. Why not.

That is an impressive piece of equip - you can temper a long sword in that.

It is 3phase 480 but says it can be wired to 240. I have my big phase converter that should be able to handle it.

Three phase is a concern, but not precisely a dealbreaker.
Mostly you need to know overall wattage & voltage of its heating elements.
Reconfiguring to singlephase is fairly easy but maybe not worth it if its elements voltage & wattage exceeds what can be supplied.

Last edited:
Well I just talked to him. He is in Chicago and will be back on Sunday. I expressed my concerns and he said make an offer. I said well I might need to gut half of it. He said how about $50? I said sold I will be there next Sunday lol.

The electrical panel/components alone are worth well over asking price. Nicely done.

Another nice find to make us jealous. Can I spend a few months hanging around you to learn how you come across these great deals????

Looking at the photos again, it looks like it comes with four kilos of cocaine. :)

What is the shipping on that beast?

It’s about a 1.5hr drive away from me. Going to pick it up on sonday and roll it into the trailer. It stands at about 7’11” tall.

I misunderstood the reference to the seller being in Chicago. It is certainly worth the drive to get that beast.

Back