Would Cold Steel consider

I would like to see all three blade shapes of the Recon 1 available in the blue G10 of the Broken Skull and the dark grey G10 of the 4-MAX.

I'd like to see a Cold Steel version of a Kephart with the German 4116 and not cost over 100 bucks....

The closest version available is a dealer exclusive Recon 1 with the standard black g10 and a satin finish blade.

Thanks, I’ve seen that one. For the 100% increase in price I’d like some sort of upgrade though.

Thanks, I’ve seen that one. For the 100% increase in price I’d like some sort of upgrade though.

Look at the price again. In Canadian dollars it s a 100% increase. In US dollars, a 50% increase.

When CS changed from cts xhp to s35vn steel, I bought one. The s35vn keeps an edge for a long time, and I like the uncoated appearance. Still use my cts xhp version a lot. Now I don t mind the dlc coating. Used to be a deal breaker for me, but the CS knives are so good, I ve changed my mind about the black coating.

Contrary to popular belief, I believe my black coated Recon1 blade looks less alarming to non knife people than my Recon1 with the satin blade. The black blade looks more like a tool, while the silver blade looks more like a knife. Go figure.

Sorry I was slightly off. It’s an 84% increase.

180 CAD = 138 USD

Recon 1 DLC 75 USD

Sorry I was slightly off. It’s an 84% increase.

180 CAD = 138 USD

Recon 1 DLC 75 USD

You got me there. I was looking at my three favorite vendor sponsors of our forum, BHQ, KW, and KC.
Current price for two of the three, $100. The third is $105. I thought those prices might have something to do with the map that CS announced (I got mine a few years ago for $85 , but that might have been on sale). I assumed those were market price.
Then, when I see this post, I look at the big river site and see it for sale for $75!! By The host company! Not some unknown vendor. Not sure if that s related to the prime day sale or not. I don t shop that site for much, besides books.
Maybe I ll start checking the internet for knife prices in the future. I m a huge supporter of bargain knife prices and competition for sales. Needless to say, not a big fan of map.

By the way, I believe that $138 is a little too much for a Recon1, given their historical prices. But when compared to the Spyderco Military, another of my favorites, the price doesn t seem too bad.
I m becoming a bit of a fan of the Cold Steel value for the money.
I do wonder if CS will put out an uncoated blade version of the Recon1 at near the common price to compete with the exclusive they ve supplied for that vendor for a couple of years now.

And I agree. For $138, I would like to at least see a return to cts xhp, if not a bump to 20cv.

Was the exclusive mentioned above the copper/green from Blade HQ?

Back