Would this make a great template for a knife....

......or what!? I'm not sure how practical it would be, but I love the shape of it.

image.jpg

That's hot! :cool:

Yes it would be great, I'd round the area near the ricasso/index finger but that would be a small change. My recent Pikal was very close in profile.

I'm doing a couple of upswept knives along those lines as soon as I get a chance in CPM3V. If I get enough interest more will follow! :D

Oh man, I like that! Would it be cool with you 0037 if I used that profile ?
Daniel, 3v sounds awesome!

Trailing points rock, they are a classic design.

I own a few but they are mostly old funky kitchen knives in the style... time to make some nice ones! Back in the late 1970's and early 80's they were hot, I have a book about custom makers from the time and they did lots of the style. Good stuff! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Check the pics I just posted for my take on one... it is thick, I will do some slicey ones too.

FBC I can't wait to see what you make!

Last edited:
Not a problem at all. I would love to see what you could do with it. A knife with that profile would look like something out of Lord of the Rings, I think.

Grip is 4", blade is 6".

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
...Laminated steel/curly maple composition, advanced stuff there! :D

Is it a steel or WT's latest work? :D OK maybe not the latter, lol

All jokes aside that would be cool! I'm loading up on thinner 52100, sounds like a fun one.

Thanks 0037! A nice big bar of O1 and some of Aldo's 1084 arrived at my door today. I will most likely make it a thin slicer. What is the intended purpose of that thing? It is beautiful! Maybe WT's Great Great Great Grandfather made it.:D

I bought that at a very cool very small art gallery in TX many years ago. It's maple and sterling silver. Just a letter opener but I've always love the lines of it and thought it would make for an amazing knife.

Back