Would this tube furnace work for heat treating?

Dunno, id look it up using Google and the data plate and contact the manufacturer for details.

I would not buy that

Small chamber

There's no cord.
I believe the red and black connectors are your power connectors.
Old welders have similar hookups
Vary the wattage by connecting to the heating element at different positions by plugging in at a different connection.

s-l1600.jpg

I have no idea how these things work but would they be usable for heat treating?
I don't see a plug but it says it is 110v. How would you set the temp?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARSHALL-T...614559?hash=item4b71f7d51f:g:qzQAAOSwFEhd9uzN
If you don t make big curved bowie knives .........for hunting , EDC knives and most of kitchen knife that oven can be best you can have .Better than any normal shape/build commercial oven . I don t know what kind of heat element was inside ....BUT , you can buy PID controller , TC and all you need for 40-50$ to make this oven usable ....If it is close to me I will buy it at once for that price .........
Qt79Ue0.jpg

I would not buy that

Small chamber

There's no cord.
I believe the red and black connectors are your power connectors.
Old welders have similar hookups
Vary the wattage by connecting to the heating element at different positions by plugging in at a different connection.

So, now Natlek has me curious, haha... is the small chamber and strange power connection your personal main hang up, Mr.Count?

Just not worth messing around with?

Yeah I can't help but want to give it a try. I saw on their site that they have controllers, I wonder if they can be used on older models like this.

Heres what is says on the site about the multiple "connectors" or shunts as they call them:
"The number of shunts required is usually determined by the length of the uniform temperature zone and the temperature variation allowable. By placing a suitable length of resistance wire from one shunt tap to another, a parallel circuit is created, reducing the amount of current through the windings at this point. The amount of current bypassed will depend on the length of resistance wire used."
https://thermcraftinc.com/marshall-tube-furnace/

This makes it sound like you plug it in, and then connect wired from one "shunt" to the other to choose the temp. So it seems exact temps would be hard to set.

So, now Natlek has me curious, haha... is the small chamber and strange power connection your personal main hang up, Mr.Count?

Just not worth messing around with?

$75 Plus another $70 shipping

That's a lot of materials you can put to a home built HT oven, or even just a small burnout kiln you can redo

The heating elements are not exposed in the core
Are the heating elements intact, how do you change them ?
Can you change them or do you buy a whole new core?

I'm with the count on this one. There are too many variables to spend $150 plus another hundred or so on making a controller … all to get a limited use and unknown HT oven.

Natlek, did you ever finish your tube furnace?

I'm with the count on this one. There are too many variables to spend $150 plus another hundred or so on making a controller … all to get a limited use and unknown HT oven.

Natlek, did you ever finish your tube furnace?
I'm working on the third one , 35 inch long :)
PID still not work on first and second one .I give up for now . This spring experts will control my friend's furnaces ... they will adjust everything on mine.BUT I make lot of test and I can tell you that we can only dream to get that kind of heat uniformity in ovens type like Evenheat .I will write post in my thread about that ......I finally get this Thermometer with three TC , one 8 inch and other two 12 inch long so i can make any kind of test I want .

TWlsX2L.jpg

zn5Lmny.jpg

Last edited:
$75 Plus another $70 shipping

That's a lot of materials you can put to a home built HT oven, or even just a small burnout kiln you can redo

The heating elements are not exposed in the core
Are the heating elements intact, how do you change them ?
Can you change them or do you buy a whole new core?
Good points for sure. Thanks:)

Platinum alloy wire.
Get a quote on the rebuild, let's see what it is.

My friend , that Platinium is for another oven , rated to 1425°C (2600°F) :)
Oven in this topic is Series 1200 which is rated to 1300°C (2370°F) ..............
To bad it is to far from me ................. Bidding has ended on this item.

Last edited:
Back