Would you drive 8-9 hours for a hard to find CRK?

I would if there was something to do where I was heading and make a trip out of it. Where is he located at maybe you could get someone local to pick it up and ship it for you?

I would if there was something to do where I was heading and make a trip out of it. Where is he located at maybe you could get someone local to pick it up and ship it for you?

Exactly, maybe a BF member is nearby and can help you out.

I absolutely would. Load the car down with MP3's or put on the touring suit, gas up the motorcycle, and pick up a rare CRK I've really wanted while enjoying a nice ride.

It was very frustrating to talk to him. He was super nice, but refused all my suggestions. He absolutely won't sell unless I (or a friend) inspect it in person, plus he doesn't trust the mail, etc etc. He did say he'd hold it for me and if I know someone who was going up that way he'd make the exchange. Any members in Brunswick, Maine? Meanwhile a forum member PM'd me with a mint Nyala for sale. It's more of the going rate IMO, but I took it. Saves me a ton of driving and hopefully I can get someone to pick up the one in Brunswick for me down the line (assuming it really exists!). I wouldn't mind having one to keep pristine.

If it was something I really wanted, in a heartbeat. Have done this multiple times for different items.

Uggh. Respectfully, can we keep the mask debate out of this forum? Where I live no masks are required, and amazingly, the hospitals are empty and everyone’s just fine, but that’s an argument for another forum.

Let’s make this forum Covid yay/nay free. Please and thank you.
"Uggh" indeed. No debate, no argument, no more need be said. Respectfully, of course.

Zieg

Glad you found one without the drive. I usually don't mind driving for what I want, but when the deal if for cash, I take someone with me and we are both armed. Just times we live in. For anyone planning on driving to buy something, take precautions and be safe.

If you will enjoy it, and use it it’s a no brainer. If it’s just to own, no. Been there, done that

I owned one of the early Nyalas for a few years. Used it for deer hunting and it was great for that. I got a bit frustrated with it when I took it on an extended camping trip and used it for food prep day after day. A real kitchen knife would have been better. But once I sold it I really missed it, especially for hunting.

Here's an update: About a week ago I called him back and offered to send him the cash and a prepaid mailing label along with a box, so all he would have to do is put the knife in the box and mail it. He went for it. I even included a roll of packing tape in case he didn't have any handy. I spent the next few days stressing out over sending $100 to someone I met over Craig's List to buy something with no photos or details other than that it was a NIB Nyala. I set up USPS tracking by text so I knew he sent it the day he received the box and cash. It arrived today. Turns out it's a 2011 drop point in the brown micarta and as far as I can tell it's indeed NIB. Meanwhile I ended up buying a very nice 2020 Nyala here on the Exchange because I didn't think I'd realistically be able to break away and do the drive. So now I have two. Not necessarily a bad thing for a knife I really like.

Back