Photos Would you help identify this old penknife?

Any information on this old penknife would be appreciated. Hopefully, the pictures come through. I can not make out the maker's mark. The blade is carbon steel. The metal handle has some sort of plating on it. Any information would be helpful.

5koD2cR.jpg

fzwfrv5.jpg

4Zcxe0v.jpg

The little knife was made for carrying on a fob. Most likely intended for ladies. It is plated and some of the plating has come off. The color and detail aren't clear in the photos... might be plated chrome... and we would need a closeup of the stamp to see the branding and/or country of origin. The blade also appears to be plated. The blade has the original edge and has not been resharpened. Also, I can't see from the photos if the handles are solid or covered in thin metal. If they are covered in thin metal, it may be a "skeleton knife" that was made without covers and finished by a jeweler. Inexpensive ones were covered in copper or plated with chrome. More expensive ones were covered or plated in gold.

If there is any writing at the base of the blade please post that. It would possibly show the maker, the country of origin, or distributer of the knife.

Thanks for the information so far. As for a stamp closeup, do you mean of the blade or of the oval on the handle?

The tang of the blade. You said you could not make out the maker's mark. But if you take a sharp closeup photo, one of us may recognize it. And like Ernie said, it could help with the ID and history of the knife.

Looks like a Providence maybe, but the tang stamp would tell all.

Hello, I'll be able to take more pictures of the knife Friday. Look for them shortly afterwards. Thanks for the responses so far!

Back