Would you rather have....

What would you rather have?

• One or two grails (one-offs, exotic handle materials)

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Three to five Custom Shop pieces (limited, satin, standard handle materials)

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • A trough full of user-grade Busses (can still be new, but: CG, BG, Kin)

Votes: 27 43.5%

• Total voters
I’ve had a few Busse’s and Kin.
I strip the CG’s anyways so I picked a few Satin with regular handles for me.
I can’t use em all, but I like em bare naked after I take em out.:cool::thumbsup:

Thanks all for the votes and replies!!

Btw, the "user-grade" choice was named that way b/c they're the least expensive and most likely to be used, but I didn't mean to imply that the Custom Shops or Grails couldn't be used in this scenario.

I wasn't sure where to put Competition Finish, etc. It look like if they had gone under the user-grade option, it would have been a landslide. Good to see! :D

I'll probably continue buying mostly coated blades personally because I like how they wear. Then whenever I decide to strip one, I can etch the logo first.

Lol, 1 knife? Screw it, I'll pay for my own. There is no one knife solution. My minimum would be 5 knives of unlimited cost, delivered tomorrow, no limit on design availability...or even having ever been made.

Mine would all have to be nuked, zero grind, hand applied satin.

I’ve always told myself to never buy a knife for the handle. I can always makeshift my own handles out of wood or any kind of marterial I want, or at least pay someone to if I really want it.

Custom shop pieces are pretty limited in themselves. Not many people are gonna have them, and certainly not the same 3-5 knives you have. Doesn’t take a “one off” to be a grail. Just buy what design you like the most.

:thumbsup: to the Big-Block American Muscle Cars analogy.

o53z3n.jpg

Back