Wow this Manufacturer forum is quiet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you are all holding your breath patiently like me for the folder knives.

I am proud to see no one has gone totally hostile with no information but there coming and packaging and accessories have made them a month late.

i have been checking in and reading some and looking for updates on shipping. i have not had time to do anything or think of anything new to post because i have been pretty busy at work. plus its too cold to get out and do anything right now. if it is in single digits its too cold to stay outside.

No folder=Nothing to talk about.....once we get our knife, I am sure traffic will pick up.

I assume you are all holding your breath patiently like me for the folder knives.

I am proud to see no one has gone totally hostile with no information but there coming and packaging and accessories have made them a month late.

Everyone has been remarkably patient and quiet for the last week or so. Guess we are all just a little too tired to get whiny.

Im just like you guys waiting patiently for them to arrive here...can't wait. Hope they would hurry up and get here ASAP.

Maybe we should start a "What's the first thing you're going to cut with your HEST Folder?" thread.

Yep, not too much to talk about with the anticipation of the folder coming out. I mainly check in to see if there are any updates but am sure the post count will go up once knives start shipping.

Lates,

Connor

It's not interesting that it's so quiet in here. What's interesting is that there is only 1 already-released DPx knife (which isn't currently being manufactured) and 1 soon-to-be released DPx knife (which no one has yet) and DPx STILL has its own forum!!

More people have DPx tattoos than DPx folding knives. Now, THAT's a fan base foundation.

damn, i'm way behind (pissed) you guys, i haven't even placed my
order yet. unemployment blows

Sooo glad i bought a sebenza and didnt do the pre-order wait. Ill give it a month after they have been around and pick on up.

im thinking about canceling my 2 pre-orders orders for the HEST/F and getting me and my pops a couple benchmade 9100 auto strykers, i have always wanted one of these, and its going to suck to give my dad his xmas present in april (sarcasm) when these are finally let out of italy.

anyone have any experience with this benchmade knife?

I don't have a 9100 (I don't care for the design), but I have 3 or 4 905x models, and 3 5000 models. The Bencmade auto's in this class are all pretty much similiar in build, fit and finish. They are decent knives for the money, but nothing to write home about. I expect the quality of the Hest/F, coming from LionSteel and the materials used with the features on them to be a solid step up compared to the Benchmade autos.

Personally, I'm dissapointed but I'm going to hang on. Of course I didn't hinge my holiday gift giving on this knife. I'm sure your Pop's will understand, but if you are that worried about it then cancel and get him something now. I'm sure that RYP won't get offended. Remember, it is your money. Do with it what you want to. Just don't use doing it to make a big show. That never ends pretty.

im thinking about canceling my 2 pre-orders orders for the HEST/F and getting me and my pops a couple benchmade 9100 auto strykers, i have always wanted one of these, and its going to suck to give my dad his xmas present in april (sarcasm) when these are finally let out of italy.

anyone have any experience with this benchmade knife?

ahhh yeah, im not trying to make a "big show", and im sure the HEST will be a cool knife. i was looking at the benchmade 5000's as well, the look pretty nice. I was also thinking the H/F might be a little large for an everyday carry knife and that the benchmades might be a little more suitable especially since im not going to be piercing bone or chopping down bamboo on a daily basis. I dunno, I guess i was also just hoping for a little more instant gratification and more stringent adherence to the delivery estimate. Think I will give it to the end of Jan. then it may be time to give up my position in line to someone more patient than I :yawn:

Knife production / delivery delays are nothing new in the knife world. The last pre-order I made prior to this knife was the Benchmade M4 Ritter Griptilian. If my memory serves, the actual delivery was something like 9 months after the knife was promised. It sucks waiting for something you really want.....

(Info removed as I figured this info could be considered deal spotting. I don't need another reprimand from the Mods).

What ever you decide, good luck.

ahhh yeah, im not trying to make a "big show", and im sure the HEST will be a cool knife. i was looking at the benchmade 5000's as well, the look pretty nice. I was also thinking the H/F might be a little large for an everyday carry knife and that the benchmades might be a little more suitable especially since im not going to be piercing bone or chopping down bamboo on a daily basis. I dunno, I guess i was also just hoping for a little more instant gratification and more stringent adherence to the delivery estimate. Think I will give it to the end of Jan. then it may be time to give up my position in line to someone more patient than I :yawn:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back