Wow this Manufacturer forum is quiet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also thinking the H/F might be a little large for an everyday carry knife....

I currently carry an Emerson Commander every day have have been for 8-9 years. It've very comfortable to wear and I can hardly tell it's there. The Commander is actually larger than the HEST, so I can't imagine the HEST will be too big (for me).

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but while I really look forward to the HEST/F making it to the market place I sure haven't been holding my breath. Between the weather, my work, and my hobby I have been pretty darn busy.

DSC_7466.jpg

DSC_7484.jpg

MarketStreet.jpg

BroadStreet.jpg

RedBank.jpg

RoadCrew-1.jpg

DSC_7636.jpg

While I would love to also have a HEST/F on these outings my HEST fixed blade has been with me.

IMG_3431.jpg

In its sheath it even cleared my windshield wipers more than once during the eight hours of snow...unusual for this area. And though no pics of it, because I've already taken several between this winter and the last, several times the pry bar got my door back open for me when it froze shut while I was off taking photos and the truck cooled back down while I was gone.

IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3445.jpg

Sheldon - thanks for the heads up on that site, some really great pricing and models, that 9100 OD green to black blade is bad ass. I put them in my book marks in case i decide to give up on H/F

SDG - i use to carry a cold steel voyager tanto and that thing way too bulky so now it sits in the nightstand, i am hoping the H/F will not be that way, that emerson looks like a great knife, i dont know much about them but will investigate.

Mistwalker - what is that silver thing below your keys in the laptop picture?

So I haven't been on here in months...........but holy friggin crap. You guys still don't have your HEST Folders?!

That's absurd. I love the way the knife looks and I have long been considering one, but since the split from RAT (they will always be RAT to me), I just have grown more concerned about how legitimate they will actually be.

Mistwalker's posts always leave me thinking he's a bon vivant, a man of mystery about town, a raconteur, if you will. He's always out and about with his camera and knife. He strikes me as a very observant dude.

Mist, I'd like you to come to RAT's April training-i think it'd be cool.

(I got nothing to comment on the actual topic of this thread. Sue me)

Mist, I'd like you to come to RAT's April training-i think it'd be cool.

I'd love to. I didn't sign up for the course...and finances won't permit it right now, plus while I have no issues crossing a river inverted on a rope again if the need arises...frankly I'm getting too old and not-yet-bored-enough to pay for it. Now, if I'm getting paid for it that's another matter entirely :)

I wrote Jeff and asked if he minded if I came down to hang out and take some photos, it's just a couple of hours south of me, but I haven't gotten an answer yet. I think he is pretty busy getting ready for SHOT.

Oh, and to answer the above question, yes that is a Ti Nanostriker from Exotac Inc. They make great little pieces of kit, I have a few nanos, a Match-Cap, and I Life-Cap. I love their products.

~~~ yes that is a Ti Nanostriker from Exotac Inc. They make great little pieces of kit, I have a few nanos, a Match-Cap, and I Life-Cap. I love their products.
They do make some nice items.

I picked up a nanoSTRIKER™ at Blade last summer. I had to get the Aluminum model though & pass on the MATCHCAP™ cause I didn't run across their booth till the last day and $$$ was about gone. :confused: .. :D

I'll be ready this year though, if I don't pick one up before. :thumbup:

They do make some nice items.

I picked up a nanoSTRIKER™ at Blade last summer. I had to get the Aluminum model though & pass on the MATCHCAP™ cause I didn't run across their booth till the last day and $$$ was about gone. :confused: .. :D

I'll be ready this year though, if I don't pick one up before. :thumbup:

Exotac makes some great gear. The Ti was still in the first stages of production at that time. I was surprised when I got one of the first two Rob made. I also have a couple of Aluminum ones and I love them all, I even got one for my wife too.

IMG_4133cropped.jpg

They really are great, ultra-light, self contained firestarters. They are ferro rod, handle, and striker all in one sealed unit where when in "carry mode" the rod is protected from sweat and the elements. The rods themselves are replaceable and inexpensive, and spare or replacement o-rings are available too. I just happen to really like the Ti because of it being a bit heavier and I tend to small, heavy-duty pieces of gear much like the HEST. They are a great team together. I also love the Matchcap I have and though a bit expensive I really do love the Lifecap also. I hope to get a Ti version of the Life-Cap in the near future...but Rob is working on a new project I may like better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back