• Sawback? - No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This bushcraft has got me thinking...I really like working in large batches - saves time and money and keeps me busy. :D

If I could get the WSK down to, say, $195 - how many of you would be interested in a run?

The handle options would be limited to stuff I could get in bulk (micarta and G10) and the sawback would be an optional add-on...

I've created a poll with this thread - let me know.

:thumbup:

Dan

I think that the under 200 mark would be a major selling point. For me, it would all be in the timing. If I had the cash handy when the offer came up, I'd be in.

Are you thinking about offering the WSK with the more traditional smooth curved blade or the one with the front notch that looks more tactical/aggressive?

+1 for smoother blade here.

Are you thinking about offering the WSK with the more traditional smooth curved blade or the one with the front notch that looks more tactical/aggressive?

+1 for smoother blade here.

I'd be interested in knowing this too. Or even a run of one with a totally khuk esque blade:thumbup:

the blade will be full flat grind with no "hook" in it...more like a dressed up bowie....make sense? I have a drawing...but it's not finalized 100%. I'll post when ready. :thumbup:

This bushcraft has got me thinking...I really like working in large batches - saves time and money and keeps me busy. :D

If I could get the WSK down to, say, $195 - how many of you would be interested in a run?

The handle options would be limited to stuff I could get in bulk (micarta and G10) and the sawback would be an optional add-on...

I've created a poll with this thread - let me know.

:thumbup:

Dan

Dan,
sounds very interesting. would a sheath be included, and what price increase for the sawback option?

Ron

I would be interested only if it had a sawback like on the Beck or Linger models. I dont like the sawbacks found on the Tops Tracker. A WSK knife with sawback under $200.00 I would be in for sure.

The $195 would include a sawback - and yes, it's the "good one" like Becks. :thumbup:

I would be in for a group buy on one of those, I like the variations, and I would suggest you put a feeler out on a group batch of your Awesome K-Boar. That is one that would draw great buying attention also I think.

Would these still be in 5160, or would a 3V version raise the price substantially?

I think this is an excellent idea Dan. I already have two of your WSK's and they are awesome. At that price, they would be unbeatable.

I'm actually thinking I/ll be able to get 3V.....and at the $195 price range!!! :eek:

Yes, I must be nuts....

Check it out...I had a blank made...cut out by waterjet.

NewWSK2.jpg

Here's a drawing showing the options I plan to offer:

survivalset5.gif

Whatcha think?

ArchAngel - this is meant to be a cross between the chopping power of the WSK and the stabbing strength of the K-BOAR. :thumbup:

I probably won't open this one up to design...I've been working on it a long, long time....but I will definitely start a list....AFTER the bushcraft is done. :D :p

Dan, that is an awesome design. In 3V, or even 5160, it would be unstoppable. Good stuff!!:thumbup::thumbup:

The deal-breaker is whether or not I can find a commercial heat-treater for 5160. It'll be too many for me to do "in house".

Blade length & thickness please?

This looks like it could be a great tree-beater.

God knows I cant afford it because of college, but I'll still try and scrape up the coin to buy one, excellent design and an amazing price! :thumbup::D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back