Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sawback? - Yes!

• Sawback? - No!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit I need to sell some knives to generate some cash.

Wife's put me on hold till after the holidays. Least I got that Nessmuk already on order.:D

I really like the look of the top 2 without the sawback. Makes me think of a Bolo type blade.

I would jump on this one if I hadn't dropped all of my hidden man cash on the bushcraft knife. The wife would kill me, but I do really want one of your WSK's.

I love the designs you put up! I think I have moved from a "maybe" to a "yes".

Question - Do you think that the cutout of your logo, as shown in the blank, might weaken the knife in comparison to stamping your logo? For a knife that is begging to chop I would want it as strong as possible.

Pair this WSK (especially the sawback) with the Bushcraft knife and you have a fantastic woodland duo.

I would definitely jump on this....I like the fourth one down in your design picture. I'm also pretty interested in the tip swedge. What is the proposed thickness?

I would definitely jump on this....I like the fourth one down in your design picture. I'm also pretty interested in the tip swedge. What is the proposed thickness?

I believe these weigh about 21 oz (from a previous Koster post), and previous versions were 0.25" thick. Hope this helps!

Oh ... and just to make sure Dan knows ... I am DEFINITELY in for one of these beauties. Just say 'when.'

I need to grind out and glue-up a prototype before I can get real specific. I care a lot about the balance on this knife - for best performance, it needs to be somewhere "in the ring". So, I'm going to have to play around with it a little, tweak it a little, etc. The design is pretty much hammered out...don't know if I'll be drilling out the tang or not.

From the side, you might think the logo creates a weak spot...but looking at it from top...and seeing 1/4" thickness of some tough steel...you will quickly realize we're talking about the difference in strength among tanks....and not a tank versus a sedan.

Just for kicks...I laid the blade down and tried to bend it at the logo...I can't do it even in the vice...and this is mild, unhardened steel. Once it is hardened, it will be virtually impossible to break.

:thumbup:

Ok, that looks like a WSK khukuri, and thats just cool. If I have the funds at the time, I'd be in.

Dan,
I'm really liking your projects. Please keep me update on this one.

Ron

Just for kicks...I laid the blade down and tried to bend it at the logo...I can't do it even in the vice...and this is mild, unhardened steel. Once it is hardened, it will be virtually impossible to break.

:thumbup:

Sir, this kind of talk is not good for my wallet. :D

Andy

I'm also considering a Lil' Brother version:

survivalset6-1.gif

with dimensions:
survivalset6-2.gif

1 inch shorter blade, 0.5 inch shorter handle - still plenty of knife!!

Remember....the "Tracker" is only ~12"....and my WSK is really only about 14".

So, both of these knives would be bigger than my WSK is currently. ;)

survivalset6-3.gif

I would love to own this knife. I have a very similar design drawn up to go with the bushcraft knife i have coming form you. This would make the PERFECT companion to the bushcraft knife. Wow, with matching natural color scales on both. I know what I will be dreaming of tonight. Please keep me informed.

Paul.

If this is in 3V, then sign me up! I like the bottom one in the pic of the 4 possibilities too.

This project is probably at least 2-3 months away...but it will definitely happen. :thumbup:

Best way to get updates, is to sign up on my Mailing list (see link in sig line).

Thanks!

Dan

Signed up to the e-mail list. Can't wait to be at the top of the WSK list! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back