• Sawback? - Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sawback? - No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see a list yet.

But I want in and don't want to be left at the starting line cause I missed seeing the list.......;)

Soooooooo, PLEASE put me on ... "The LIST" .... now.
Thank you Sir Daniel...... :thumbup:

I don't see a list yet.

But I want in and don't want to be left at the starting line cause I missed seeing the list.......;)

Soooooooo, PLEASE put me on ... "The LIST" .... now.
Thank you Sir Daniel...... :thumbup:

heck if you will be starting a list, please add me on!

rctk1......

Just so it is clear ......... I don't know if a list will be started.

It looks like it will though at some point.

I am just not going to have as much time to hang out on line as I have the last couple of weeks.... AND. I do not want to miss out on this because sign up started and I was absent ...;):(:confused:

So all I am trying to do is step up now and make it known IF there is a list started on these......
............I would like to be placed on the first batch list ... even if I am absent when the list starts,

Which is probably what you are trying to do also
...... :thumbup: :D

Daniel,

I am very interested in this project, I have decided I need a new knife of this size and type....

I would like to see a longer version, say 11 or 12 inches of blade... It is not absolutely necessary, but I find the greater length can make batoning much easier.... This would be my most important suggestion....

And, along with the longer blade, maybe you could add an Asian style dropped point, not a raise like a Nessmuk, but a dropped almost blunt point, I believe I would really like one of those for batoning....

Also, I think the ring is a good idea, but I would like to see the edge stay low, and intersect the bottom of the ring, to create a sort of dropped guard, I like a knife where the edge of the knife can be applied to a flat surface, and is not precluded from doing so, by a guard shape (in this case, the ring).

I am not a fan of the saw, but of course, those could be left off?

The thumb serrations can be left off, correct?

And can you round the spine? That is, from flat to flat, across the top? And how much would that sort of option add?

Thanks,
Marion David Poff

PS - I might be describing something that would be best worked up as a custom, I do not know, I will be guided by you....

I'd definitely jump on this. I collect knives, and would jump on a set of big and little of this new version. I'm going to be getting on your bushcraft order list soon as well.

Definitely an awesome knife!!

Patrick

Dan,
What are you going to call this knife/project, so I can add myself to your "order tracker"

Thanks - Ron

This bushcraft has got me thinking...I really like working in large batches - saves time and money and keeps me busy. :D

If I could get the WSK down to, say, $195 - how many of you would be interested in a run?

The handle options would be limited to stuff I could get in bulk (micarta and G10) and the sawback would be an optional add-on...

I've created a poll with this thread - let me know.

:thumbup:

Dan
When the list starts..... PLEASE put me an it and tell me where to send my $$$ & how much.
Thank you and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all..... :)

I don't see a list yet.

Just so it is clear ......... I don't know if a list will be started.

It looks like it will though at some point.

I do not want to miss out on this because sign up started and I was absent ...;)

So all I am trying to do is step up now and make it known IF there is a list started on these......
............I would like to be placed on the first batch list ... even if I am absent when the list starts,
...... :thumbup:

.?
^

..... ? ? ? .....
-------------------------

Be a Patient Pest....:D....I don't mind. What I don't like is someone saying "I'll take it" and then I don't hear from them for 3 months...*shrug*

Dan
I am a very patient man Dan........... LOL ...... :)

So ...... talk to me on this please sir.

Not about the "when" of it... I know your real busy.

BUT about being on "the list" even if I am not around at signup.... my busy season is gonna start in early March & I will not have time to be around the forum a lot..... due to limited computer access...... till after Labor Day when things slow back down..... Good Lord Willing it will be busy anyway.. gotta make some $$$

Thank you,
Chuck

I need to finish the WSKs I have already...then start the new set. :thumbup:

Dan,

I understand that completely. :thumbup: :)

I am not asking when you are going to do this.

I am / have only been asking / saying....... that when you do the knife mentioned in this thread.... I want one ...

I want to be on the LIST for the knife that you have mentioned in this thread ...

.......whenever you do it & whatever ot turns out to be.

That is all I am asking / saying.

Does - that - work - for - you ?

Thanks again,
chuck
:)

yes...but I'm sure I'll make a stink about it on the forum when I start the list...plus, I'll look here to see who was initially committed (there are several) - and will reserve several spots, as I did on the Bushcraft.

yes...but I'm sure I'll make a stink about it on the forum when I start the list...plus, I'll look here to see who was initially committed (there are several) - and will reserve several spots, as I did on the Bushcraft.

Thank you Dan ... I am not trying to start "stinks" for you or break line.

I just know I will not have ready internet access except for about once a week or less when this comes about and I do not want to miss it.

I first posted on this thread 24 December 2007 that I wanted one of these for sure..... no question about it.
The way I count it on this thread, that easily put me in the top 15.

Of course I realize the final count is yours.

Thank you in advance for consideration of my extenuating circumstances, :thumbup:
chuck

:thumbup: :)

Dan,

Please include me in the reserved list because I am very interested.

Paul

dan i know that you will be making the 9" version with the price break, will you be making the 12" and 14" ones at a price break also?

I'm not sure about the large ones yet.....I will probably pick one size...and then price it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back