WTB forum re-post / update / bump?

I have a WTB ad in the knife exchange and it's been over a year since I posted it. Can I bump it? Can I delete / re-post? If so, how? I only see an option to de-select "open". Should I do that then re-post?

I did edit on 6 Nov just to say I was still looking, but I don't know what the forum looks like to privileged members since all I see is my post.

I just want to make sure the thread is appearing relevant; do I need to do anything or just leave it?

Thanks!

You can just close it and repost it.

Ok, thanks! I just figured it's been buried in a years' worth of WTB ads and probably not being seen.

Ok, thanks! I just figured it's been buried in a years' worth of WTB ads and probably not being seen.

It was. The WTB forum looks just like every other for sale forum to those able to view it, with older threads getting pushed back by newer ones.

As Basic Member, you have the ability to make a signature (little note or message that shows below each of your posts) which you can use to let folks know what you want to buy or even link to your WTB thread.

Good luck!

rycen rycen
Is the WTB section subject to the same 2 week restriction for reposting as the For Sale section?

Well I thought bumping worked in the WTB area but tested it earlier and it doesn’t work. Based on that I’d say the 14 day rule would apply.

It was. The WTB forum looks just like every other for sale forum to those able to view it, with older threads getting pushed back by newer ones.

As Basic Member, you have the ability to make a signature (little note or message that shows below each of your posts) which you can use to let folks know what you want to buy or even link to your WTB thread.

Good luck!

Thanks; good call!

Hmm... now in trying to make my signature a link to that WTB thread, it keeps defaulting to just the text, but I see other signatures with linked text?

I thought one had to be Gold (or higher) to use the signature area to link to ads...but that may have been a factor of the selling requirements.

I thought one had to be Gold (or higher) to use the signature area to link to ads...but that may have been a factor of the selling requirements.

For sale ads yes. Basic members can use it for their WTB threads

Hmm... now in trying to make my signature a link to that WTB thread, it keeps defaulting to just the text, but I see other signatures with linked text?

Copy the link to your clipboard. Write the text you want to display and then highlight it. Click the link button in the the tool bar right above the text box and paste the link.

B benchwarmer380 I think what hhmoore hhmoore means is that only beginning at Gold membership can you put actual links into your signature. I would suggest to T TiHawk60 if you are trying to make it linked test ie it says "TiHawk60's WTB List" and is clickable instead just put the straight up url of https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wtb-940-121.1623793/ in your signature section

I've only been Gold, Adamantium, and Valyrian so i could be wrong but im pretty sure ive seen basics with links in their sig. It'd be kind of lame if you couldn't.
Hawk can be our guinea pig. :)

Yeah, I tested it... I can get it to work in the "preview signature," but when I save it and come back, it's just the text, not linked. I could paste the url in there (text only, not hyperlinked), but they'd have to copy / paste anyway, so I just figured the "WTB Benchmade 940-121" says all it needs to say anyway! haha

I just edited your signature and pasted the link in. The problem with this is though you’re allowing everyone to see that. That means everyone,even members who don’t have a gold membership or above can circumvent the rules either knowingly or unknowingly. So for that reason I’d ask that you not put want to buy into your signature.

Last edited:
I just edited your signature and pasted the link in. The problem with this is though if you don’t want to but I can your signature you’re allowing everyone to see that. That means everyone,even members who don’t have a gold membership or above can circumvent the rules either knowingly or unknowingly. So for that reason I’d ask that you not put want to buy into your signature.

Will this be a rule going forward or just highly encouraged?
Its quite common for a WTB to placed in a sig.

Nobody likes more rules so I'd prefer not to make it one. I could say it’s not really a problem but honestly I never have my signature option turned on so I wouldn’t know.

Back