WTB: Looking for a Bloodwood Hiking Buddy from 2011 - or one like it!

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by rpdur, Jan 27, 2020.

1. rpdur

rpdur Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2014
    I've included a link to the HB I'm referring to (it's from 2011)
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/a-batch-of-sets-available-knives.879311/.
    I ended up with the 1/8 Scandi pictured and wouldn't mind finding the thick handled convex to compliment it.

I reached out to the original purchaser, and to the person to whom he sold it, but the trail runs cold after that but was told that it was sold for a third time in 2014.

I would love to get it in my hands.
    If you have the convex HB referenced or know who does have it, please contact me!

Thanks to those who have helped me thus far, and thanks for reading! 20110902102_4468-vi.jpg 20110902102_4466-vi.jpg

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    prom52 likes this.
  2. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    bloodwood is one of my favorites

rpdur likes this.
  3. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    I remember that set. Nice score.

rpdur likes this.
  4. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    I had the convex one, it was sort of a match to my first Bushboot, but it got sold during the Michigan debacle and the early days of me trying to get separated from both my former brother (alleged business partner) and my former wife (alleged life partner). I hope now that has been accomplished I can put my life back together. I think I may have sold the HB to Shamrock but to be honest most of that time period is a blur of me trying to make it through it without shooting my wife and/or my brother who were both screwing with mine and my daughter's lives very badly, just in different ways. Honestly I'm surprised I'm not in a penitentiary somewhere, but I'm not surprised I can't remember who I sold what to. I have sold more of my things the last 7 years than I care to remember, so I tend to just repress it I guess...

5. rpdur

Sep 1, 2014
    Thanks for the info, Brian. Might you have a contact for Shamrock? PM me if that suits you better. Thank you!

6. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    His user name isn't showing up any more so no, I'm afraid i do not...I'm sorry.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  7. rpdur

Sep 1, 2014
    Thanks for checking.

8. rpdur

Sep 1, 2014
    If anyone has any leads on the knife pictured (or any older thick-handled fiddleback HB) please let me know.

wildmanh likes this.
  9. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    Did you find what you were looking for? That's a good looking set! A friend likes turning Bloodwood on the lathe. I saw the pictures and it reminded me of some of his turnings.

10. rpdur

Sep 1, 2014
    No
    Not yet; still on the hunt!

11. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    Good luck!

12. rpdur

Sep 1, 2014
    Thank you!

wildmanh likes this.
  13. rpdur

Sep 1, 2014
    Hi Andy, do you have any thick-handled, convex-grind fiddlebacks in your collection you would part with? I'm looking for one to complement the scandi and find your thick handles the most comfortable. Please let me know!

14. oregondux85

oregondux85

Mar 10, 2012
    I'm glad you like the bloodwood I sold you, it does feel great in the hand.

rpdur likes this.
  15. rpdur

Sep 1, 2014
    Most comfortable Fiddleback I've held.