Wtk

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
I'm starting a new thread for the PSK/Tusker hybrid because I wanted to announce the name of this knife. I'm calling it the
Wilderness
Trail
Knife

wtk.jpg

Scott

I have been giving the steel choice for these some thought and since the PSK knives are already in O1, I think i'm going to go with A2 for this knife. I just can't HT as many at a time using A2.
Scott

Here's the specs for you lazy ones.

Overall length is 8". It has a 3 3/4" blade, 4 1/4" handle. 1/8" thick, 1" wide O1 steel.

Scott's A2 PSK, Custom, Jr. ROCKS!!!!! And, it's in A2.

A2 is one of my favorite steels for wilderness use. Heat-treated right, it takes a wicked and hardy edge, yet resharpens easily with a rock in the wilds. It is my fav steel. Versatile, yet strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:):):)

Could the standard PSK be ordered in A2 as well? I understand it may cost more, but is it a possibility?

Can we see a comparison shot of the PSK Sr. and the new WTK. Also, A2 vs 01, they seem very close in performance, what's the advantage of A2? I have a few barks in A2 and I have the PSK in 01 and I'm not seeing one pull ahead of the other.

Can we see a comparison shot of the PSK Sr. and the new WTK. Also, A2 vs 01, they seem very close in performance, what's the advantage of A2? I have a few barks in A2 and I have the PSK in 01 and I'm not seeing one pull ahead of the other.

I don't have a Sr. finished for a pic. The Sr. is a half inch longer then the WTK. The only big difference between A2 and O1 is that A2 is alittle less prone to rusting. Both are tough. I've beat on both steels hard in the field and see no advantage to one or the other. Both take a fine edge and hold it well.
Scott

Thanks for the reply Scott, that pretty much confirms my casual observations regarding those two steel types, like your sig states, they are both kick ass tool steels.

Although not action photos, I still wanted to up-load a few pictures of my WTK.

Received it yesterday . . . great knife!

Very nice and done up in A2, I've got to put one of those on my wish list.

Those pictures are huge! I'm really starting to like the micarta handles and thankful that Scott predrilled my PSK. I'd love to get my hands on the WTK someday and I know I like it to since it's similar to the PSK.

Back