Wuk jr

Let me first say I never did well in English class growing up. So this will probably suck as a review (hope not this knife deserves a good review) I had Scott make me up a WUK JR a while back and I have used it so much I thought I need to give him some good words for it. I bought it to serve as a neck/pocket carry knife, utility and general slicer. I had him make it in 3/32 A2 and in 3/4 wide stock (the Jr). I wanted it to use also as a bird and trout type knife. I never have really liked the looks of a Warnercliff but after some e-mails from Scott and reading his posts on it I chosee the WUK.When I got it every thing was what I have come to expect from Scott, good fit and finish and razor sharp. I am not that versed in all the other terms or traits others judge a knife from but I do know tools (General Contractor) and Scott makes a good tool. Since I have had it, it has preped multiple meals at both home and hunting camp, it is a mean paring knife. Utility wise I have use it on a couple of fireboards and other various cutting chores (boxes, wrapers, rope, etc) worked great. Just recently I used it to dress (or undress) 3 gobblers. Again it worked great. The size made it very nimble while breasting out the birds. Most everything I have from Scott is A2 (soon changing with a bone handled 0-1 kephart:)) and I really like how it works. I have only had to strop it so far to get it sharp. The blade has not chiped or rolled but I really never have that problem with that because I try to be sensible about things, use the right tool for the job (again General Contractor). I have not tried it on fish yet but am sure it will due fine. Hopefully I can update the fishing part after this weekend. One other thing or note is Scotts approach to the Warnercliff tip. I have been really suprised with how usefull this tip design is. Bottom line guys if you want a neck/pocket carry, slicer,utility, paring, bird and trout knife give this one a second look. Thanks Scott:thumbup::thumbup:

I can post some pics if needed but I am no photographer and they will suck. But if you need them anyway let me know an I will try.

CD, thanks for the review. I appreciate it. One reason it has excelled at the tasks you mentioned is not only is A2 a superb steel, the thinner stock makes it much better for fine work. Like I always have said, you never see thick kitchen knives. I sharpen them all the time for folks and the thickess I've ever seen was a large chef's knife at about 3/32"
Scott

Hey Scott do you have a pic of your standard WUK? I forget what that up sweep looks like.

Shotgun, here ya go:

IMG_2541.JPG

What a great blade shape.

Back