WWII Japanese sword identification

I have been given an Imperial Japanese sword from WWII and I need help reading the signature and other marks on the tang. Will anybody help me, please? Also, how do you attach an image to a post? Thanks.

You need a pic-hosting site. Imgur is good and free. Upload your pics there, then select your pic and copy the link for "message boards and forums" and paste that link here.

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
I have been given an Imperial Japanese sword from WWII and I need help reading the signature and other marks on the tang. Will anybody help me, please? Also, how do you attach an image to a post? Thanks.
Upload your photos to any free image hosting site. Use the "insert image" icon (5th from right) at the top of the Reply Box.
Put in the link to your photo.
If that's too diffucult, just type the link to your photos. Must be set so anyone can see it.

Here's a couple of photos. If someone needs more, I will be glad to add them.
7PtbvJK.jpg
rfWmNjo.jpg

Boru13

Staff member
Super Mod
Any particular value to this?
SECTION 5 - Miscellaneous -
WHAT IS MY KNIFE / GADGET / SPATULA / TUNING FORK WORTH ?!?!?!?!

In order to curtail potential abuse of membership privileges associated with the forums, questions regarding valuation of knives and collections are limited to those with a membership level which permits selling on this site. Accordingly, registered and basic members may not start or post in threads with such requests whether with the intent to sell or for informational purposes only. This rule applies throughout the site.

SECTION 5 - Miscellaneous -
WHAT IS MY KNIFE / GADGET / SPATULA / TUNING FORK WORTH ?!?!?!?!

In order to curtail potential abuse of membership privileges associated with the forums, questions regarding valuation of knives and collections are limited to those with a membership level which permits selling on this site. Accordingly, registered and basic members may not start or post in threads with such requests whether with the intent to sell or for informational purposes only. This rule applies throughout the site.
Sorry!

SouthernComfort

Gold Member
I would add that not much more information could be given even with excluding pricing per the rules based on only these two photos.

If you would like additional information about the sword contact me at: [email protected]