WWII Randall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catdaddy2

Gold Member
I posted a knife in the Bernard Levine knife forum and was told to talk to some Randall experts. Don't know if I should post pics here or have people look at the other thread? I'll wait a while to see what happens thanks.

Melvin wrote he book on Randall’s, he already posted on the other thread. So unless @tunefink has anything to add. There is not a lot more to learn.

It would be cool if you had pictures of your friend with the knife in the Navy for provenance.

Melvin wrote he book on Randall’s, he already posted on the other thread. So unless @tunefink has anything to add. There is not a lot more to learn.

It would be cool if you had pictures of your friend with the knife in the Navy for provenance.
Yes it would but unfortunately I gave the scrapbook away. Thanks for the help I'll close this thread

Let me help you a bit more. You asked for information and I provided it to the best of my ability. That's all I've got. I'm not trying to buy it and I'm not trying to sell you anything, I have nothing to sell. I spent a lot of time researching Randall's as a hobby, I even wrote a book about them. It's out of print, I have no more books to sell. Some people think it's a good book; copies usually sell on eBay or Amazon for around $400 to $600; I sold them for ~$70, so maybe it's a good book, maybe not; it doesn't matter, I wrote it for myself, that anyone bought it was just a bonus - the point is, I told you what I think. If your Uncle Billy-Joe-Bob thinks differently, and you want to believe him, that's fine, I don't care. It can be anything you want it to be, you can even make up a story and sell it as such, I still won't care. At the end of the day, it's your knife, so enjoy it for what it is, or isn't; it's your knife. I don't mean to come across as crass or harsh, but I get this all the time. OK, fine, it's whatever you want it to be, end of story.

Thanks Melvin for your input which I highly respect. I gave a background on how I obtained the knife. I have no idea of the authenticity of the knife or where it came from. I don't know anything about military knives and that is why I started the thread. As a knife enthusiast I know better then be blinded by what I hope it is and what it actually is. Never asked for an appraisal or a price on the knife because its not for sale. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back