XL Voyager broke around the pivot

Funny how you think you know more about me and my knives than I do.

The first folder I used for trail-clearing was a Benchmade 975. The next was a new large Regular Sebenza. After that I switched to a Vaquero Grande for the longer blade.

If you know how to use them, almost any knife will perform effectively.

I never claimed I know you or your knives better than you. :confused:

I stated an observation based on a lot of popular contradicting opinions regarding CS folders; that the tri-ad lock is stronger beyond what anyone would put it through in daily use so therefore it's pointless vs. I should be able to beat the knife up like CS does in their testing.

I implied that no one would use their midtechs or customs to clear trails not to insult them, but because that's obviously a task best suited for a fixed blade. I generally use some form of a machete for property maintenance at the cottage and try to save the folder for backup.

Last edited:
I implied that no one would use their midtechs or customs to clear trails not to insult them, but because that's obviously a task best suited for a fixed blade. I geranlly use some form of a machete for property maintenance at the cottage and try to save the folder for backup.

I think it's more like trail maintenance as in what I did on my hike yesterday.
I was just going for a quick hike in an area where fires are not allowed, so I did not have a big fixed blade or machete with me.
The folder I did have with me was enough to remove branches that had grown across the trail in ways that could poke someone in the eye. :thumbup:

ive got an old 5'' voyager from when they first came out and ive tried to break the thing. used it for a throwing knife even pried a door open with it. it is one tough knife. im gonna post a picture of it soon.

I think it's more like trail maintenance as in what I did on my hike yesterday.
I was just going for a quick hike in an area where fires are not allowed, so I did not have a big fixed blade or machete with me.
The folder I did have with me was enough to remove branches that had grown across the trail in ways that could poke someone in the eye. :thumbup:

Yeah this was the main use for the broken folder. I'm not surprised to see it fail and it did serve me well for three years. Anyway I'm starting to think it's probably too much hassle to send it for inspection from Finland. The main attraction for using a folder for this trail maintenance task was low weight and small size of the tool. Obviously the choice came with some drawbacks ;) Well, now I carry one of my fixed blades instead, end of story. Big thanks to everyone who replied to my original post! :)

Back