Yakkety yak - don't talk back!

The mammoth discussion happened not long after the Discovery channel aired "Raising the Mammoth",which mentioned cloning.I guess they figured the vet-owner had already done it.

WoodOwl

AC, have I got a deal for you!

One yak cow with heifer calf at side
One yak cow with bull calf at side
Two bred yak cows.
Five yak heifers.
One herd sire yak bull.

ONLY $29,000!!! THEY'LL EVEN DELIVER TO YOU!

http://www.tibetanyaks.com/

Rusty,

'bout all I could afford (if I budgeted) is the $29.00 of Yak Jerky :D. ...

but, my own little yak family does sound nice!

Alan, if you bought 20 sets on credit you'd be a success -- according to Uncle Lou's definition.

Thanks, but if I were going to follow Uncle Lou's formula, I'd deversify my expenditures more. ... like more khuks, more katanas, 10 acres, Icelandic horses, few yaks, a big Yurt with room for a couple of stalls for the horses, claymores. ... opps, did I just say that out loud. ... never mind. ...

Blowing it all on JUST yaks, just doens't make sound economical sense :D:D:D

Don't worry, we understand how easy it is to make a little slip and say something unintended, AC.
Now where were we? You were saying something about a yurt, and a little blacksmith shop and forge to hammer out some some Scottish Two-Handed swords...;) ;) ;)

Why yes Rusty, you are very perceptive. ... :)

That is exactly what I was meaning to say. ... I just got tongue tied in my rush to get off to work :D:cool:;)

After a while, as I start to get more settled and my skills improve, then I'll get some more dogs, chickens, and yaks. .... build an outbuilding or two so the horses and yaks can have some privacy. ...

It might not be paradise, but I think that growing things, havin some friendly animals, and being able to work creatively would be close to it.

Yaks just fit in perfectly :D:D:D

Alan

I've got an idea. Why don't you start an animal park and charge admission. Call it Alan's Ark. Develop a plan, borrow a million from the bank and bingo you're a success.

ack!!! I couldn't turn my little paradise into a commercial tourist attraction! Then I'd have to go find another one to hide out from the first one. ... too complicated. ... I'm into simple these days! HEE...

Alan

Chickens, yaks, horses, dogs and who knows what else AND a COUPLE of girlfriends is NOT simple.

ack!!! I couldn't turn my little paradise into a commercial tourist attraction! Then I'd have to go find another one to hide out from the first one. ... too complicated. ... I'm into simple these days! HEE...

Perhaps this is what drove Tsimi underground?:D :p

YES! YES! EXACTLY, AC! IT'S SIMPLICITY WE SEEK!

( And all these years I been calling it just plain no 'count shiftless laziness! ) :D :D :D

Rob, high winds in Florida have caused some of the Disney fantasy to splash down near Miami. Tsimi just got splattered :barf:

Rus, AC isn't just plain, no count shiftless.....he's.....he's.... Let me smoke this over a while :rolleyes:

HA!! SIMPLICITY. ... my new mantra!! Gonna turn it into a community of SIMPLICITY. ... maybe even take up the noble task of RESEARCH!!! HEE! That's it, me and the YAKS, dog, and others. ... living simply, doing research HEE.... gotta get me some two legged dancing girls :D

I think I'm going to have to move this settlement of heaven up into the Northwest. ... where we can live in peace and harmony in the forest. No caves for us. ... no sir. Yaks want grass to eat, not bat dung...

It'll be another RESEARCH department, just up on the left coast. ... out in the wilderness. HEEEHEEE :D:D:D

Alan

It works like this: The yaks decide the grass is greener and tear down the fence and run away. This makes the dogs nervous and they start barking and running and the chickens get scared and join the yaks -- cows, too. A cow falls and breaks her leg in the rush. The horses run away and knock over a lantern on their way out of the barn and it catches fire. The dancing girls get angry at the mess and leave. The banker shows up with foreclosure papers.

Simplicity.

Spoilsport!

( Then again, the fire could spread and become a forest fire and the feds could present you with a bill for umpteen million dollars for the cost of fighting the fire... )

I thought I'd spare Alan that part but that'e exactly what happens. Then your prayers are answered. Ten years in an 8x8 cell with nothing except a cot. Now THAT'S simplicity.

HA I say. ... and HA again for good measure :D .... in my new SIMPLISTIC world, EVERYTHING is paid for by the ever generous SHAVEN YAK! He who flys through the night once a year, leaving gifts for his believers. .. AND if you leave some warm shaving cream by your sink. ... HE'LL ALSO LEAVE SoME SHAVING STUBBLE AND SOAP SCUM BEHIND!!! HEEE. ...

My yaks will never run away, they love it here and have all the green grass they could possibly eat, the horses are smart enough to handle something as SMALL as a FIRE. ... Buddy and the chickens are friends, and help each other defending the property (genetically enhanced chickens). ... AND everyone is trained in firefighting procedures :D:D:D

THERE. ... foiled your attempt at blowing up my bubble!!! HEE. .. I can see now how poor old, kindly Tsimi feels these days. ... a bit paranoid perhaps, but only after being persecuted by the naysayers against RESEARCH. ...HEEHEE!!!

:D:D:D

Back