Yakkin with T.M. Hunt

Murphnuge

Yesterday was a welcome relief from sitting at the band saw. We were able to pull off a 12.5-13 mile trip down the White river (Azalia-Seymour). In attendance were Todd, Dan (Todd's cousin), Gino (Dan's friend) and myself. We put in at Azalia boat ramp at about 10 a.m. and got out at the Seymour boat ramp around 9 p.m. It was a beautiful day that started with a bit of overcast that gradually turned to sunny clear skies by early afternoon. Not too hot, but warm enough that the water never felt cold. Dan and Gino spent a lot of time fishing and sniping Todd and I with the "Mongo ball". Everbody stayed hydrated, maybe not properly hydrated, but we took in plenty of fluids.

The group; Dan, Todd, Gino and myself.

Dan and Gino wetting their lines.

Todd throwing the Mongo ball.

Dan and Gino actually rowed on occasion .

Todd seemed happy.

About 1/3 of the way through we stopped to build a fire and cook up some brats . I gathered the firewood and Todd built the fire. Believe it or not he can work a flame.

While gathering the firewood I received a bit of a bite from the M-18. Luckily I had on heavy gloves and it didn't go too deep. With the help of Todd's properly packed first aid kit I was patched up and drinking again in no time.

Todd wears toe shoes, yeah....I know.

White dog!

The BK9 made an appearance.

These two get along nicely.

Here's to sobriety.

Water was calm and had very little movement.

We made it!

This really amused us. There's a beer fridge outside their trailer with a cooler next to it and a bait tank down below. These people must drink a lot, I like them.

Looks like fun! And that last picture..... Hell, I'd invite that guy to my Christmas party!

I'm also somewhat amused. Usually you see a thread where someone is looking for a small stainless fixed blade for Kayaking. But no.... Not you two. Your standard response in those "which knife do I take kayaking" threads better be 'BK-9 or M18" from now on or I would be sorely disappointed.

" I gathered the firewood and Todd built the fire. Believe it or not he can work a flame." Thats funny, Todd always says that YOUR the Flamer Murph.

" I gathered the firewood and Todd built the fire. Believe it or not he can work a flame." Thats funny, Todd always says that YOUR the Flamer Murph.

He's a pretty humble fella, always giving credit to others for his abilities.

Looks like a blast man.

Four comments:

1. What does Todd have behind his back in the first picture?
2. Looks like poor Todd doesn't fit too well in his kayak.
3. Toe shoes is in issue.
4. Where can I get one of those shirts Todd is wearing....that thing is legit!

Glad to see you guys got to take some R and R time! :thumbup:

Four comments:

I'll let Todd answer all of these questions as soon as he gets over the shock of actually being at work for the first time in 9 days.

Four comments:

O.k. I'll field these.

1. Its nothing illegal and its not a doughnut. So you shouldn't care! :D
2. I fit just fine in my kayak thank you very much, I just like to stretch out. (im just big boned I swear)
3. Toe shoes are ugly, but perfect for this situation. plus, they was on sale!
4. T.M.Hunt t-shirts. Wow, theres a frustrating situation. Got a lot of irons in the fire and that ones on the list, but the bottom of it. had a lot of problems with the first round. still plan on offering them for sale here and on my website at some point, but cant pin down a timeframe right now, soon I hope.

I got some pics too. hopefully I can get around to posting them soon.

Well thanks for clearing that up Todd.

It's a good thing it wasn't a donut because that might be the cause of why you have to stretch out in your kayak since you swear you're just big boned! :disillusionment: I was actually hoping you would say it was an awesome new beer that you just discovered that I could try to find on the shelves here :)

That sucks the shirts have been a hassle for you guys...if/when you get them done I'll take one or two.

Well thanks for clearing that up Todd.

It's a good thing it wasn't a donut because that might be the cause of why you have to stretch out in your kayak since you swear you're just big boned! :disillusionment: I was actually hoping you would say it was an awesome new beer that you just discovered that I could try to find on the shelves here :)

That sucks the shirts have been a hassle for you guys...if/when you get them done I'll take one or two.

Haha, No problem. I'll be sure to put you down for a shirt. Right now Im reluctant to pull the trigger on anything that involves a significant amount of money due to some bigger fish on the T.M.Hunt custom knives fish frier. It will happen. Its just gotta wait its turn. In the meantime, You might hit Murph up. Hes got 3 or 4 of them. He might spare one, but I think all of his are pink! :D

Here's a few more pics
This is my cousin Dan. Known as "Two Can Dan" when we was in college due to him being a lightwieght. :D and his buddy Gino. Known as "just Gino"
2013-08-01114744_zpse492dd12.jpg

The T.M.Hunt knives that made the trip
2013-08-01114954_zps792c84e0.jpg

The fire I made
2013-08-01113934_zps4f31dab5.jpg

Lunch
2013-08-01122424_zps04296b8a.jpg

Murph proving that he can use a different finger to take a picture
2013-08-01125857_zpsc4086577.jpg

2013-08-01153907-1_zpsd1932403.jpg

Murph sitting in shame after he managed to "lose" a 6lb. Channel cat that we caught and I was gonna cook over the open fire. So, if someone sees a nice eatin size catfish swimming down the white river wearing a 5ft. Leash. Its ours! :D

Back